Buck 305

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
wiseguy

Buck 305

Post by wiseguy »

This one has sentimental value to my good friend and I want to fix it up for him ......any one here have a blade they can spare please ? :)
Attachments
003.JPG
300Bucks

Re: Buck 305

Post by 300Bucks »

Are you trying for a same year blade as the broken one or just another blade ? Do you think you can handle the replacement of the blade or do you know a craftsman who has proper pins and can swell the ends to fill the pivot holes ? The pins are not straight sided but swell at the bolsters edge.

Buck can replace the broken blade for only a few dollars and the trouble of mailing it in, you can call customer service for details and how to's. Tell them it's a keepsake and you want it repaired not replaced.
wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Ya I found out the hard way about the flared pins after trying to "drive" it out ended up shearing it to push out the sides .... I think I can re-pin it properly .... I found a beater on auction , just waiting at this point to see if I win it . Thanks , what size slackener I should use would be helpful
wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

WILL A BLADE FROM 309 OF THE SAME VINTAGE INTERCHANGE IN THE KNIFE ? THANKS GUYS
wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Note , not all these blades will interchange , I picked up an older 305 donor knife(no date code) that had brass liners and that blade was thicker and did not work out .
wiseguy wrote:Ya I found out the hard way about the flared pins after trying to "drive" it out ended up shearing it to push out the sides .... I think I can re-pin it properly .... I found a beater on auction , just waiting at this point to see if I win it . Thanks , what size slackener I should use would be helpful
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

The knife you have, like the current model, was made by Buck in the Buck plant. The earlier version was made by Camillus under contract for Buck - they are two different knives that share the same model number. Either send it to Buck for repair or buy a new one. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Buck wouldn't touch it or sell me a blade since I took it apart and its a sentimental piece, i thought i mentined that ?
Old Hunter wrote:The knife you have, like the current model, was made by Buck in the Buck plant. The earlier version was made by Camillus under contract for Buck - they are two different knives that share the same model number. Either send it to Buck for repair or buy a new one. OH

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”