Early Buck 301 with carbon back springs

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Early Buck 301 with carbon back springs

Post by Colonel26 »

Look what the mailman brought today, straight out of the bay. From what I can decipher it's a very early Camillus/Buck 301 with the three rivots, pivot pins, and carbon steel back springs. It's been packed some, but there's no evidence it's been sharpened.

We'll see if this changes my mind about stainless!
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Old Hunter

Re: Early Buck 301 with carbon back springs

Post by Old Hunter »

Nice acquisition Wade - those are terrific knives. I find the old Camillus stainless (as used in these Buck's) to be easy to sharpen and easy to maintain - hope your really enjoy your "new" Buck! Bruce
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Thats a beauty Colonel ::tu:: I love the pantine on the springs ::nod:: my 303 has a great pantina also I find the Camillus blades hold a great edge .
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Thanks guys. I might sharpen it up tomorrow and give it a whirl. Someone packed it just enough to get it good and dull but didn't resharpen it. Lol
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
deltaboy

Post by deltaboy »

Cool find ::tu::
Keep Near the Cross.

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”