is there any Buck 112 data

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
junom

is there any Buck 112 data

Post by junom »

Hi,
I know the 112 came out in 1972, and the first few were micarta and segua wood.
Does it follow the 110 or does it have it's own data, I saw some at another site, it used catagory instead of version and version not variaiton, and it stopped around 1980, I don't know if it's any good. Thanks George God bless
300Bucks

Re: is there any Buck 112 data

Post by 300Bucks »

Here is the 112 info from Joe Houser via the Buck Blade Forum website. 300Bucks

From the administrator’s office (Joe H.)
With the standard disclaimers, I present the timeline for the Model 112 Ranger. And here first are those disclaimers. The information is only as good as the data I was able to find and study. This timeline is by no means the end all authority on the subject and as new information surfaces, editions will be made. Many thanks to the many members that offered help with this project, together we make a great team!

Buck Ranger, Model 112 Timeline 1972 to 1986

Category I, Inverted stamp: BUCK, U.S.A., May 1972

Version 1. Left hand stamp, brass spring holder, black micarta inlays, two small, (less than 1/16”) brass inlay rivets and stainless rocker rivet.

Version 2. Same as above except now a stainless spring holder.

Category II, Stamped BUCK, 112, U.S.A. 1972

Version 1. Left hand stamp, stainless spring holder, black micarta inlays, two brass inlay rivets and stainless rocker rivet.

Version 2. Same as above except inlays are Segua wood.

Version 3. Same as above except inlays are Macasar Ebony wood.

Category III, Stamped BUCK, *112*, U.S.A. 1974 to 1980.

Version 1. Left hand stamp, stainless spring holder, Macasar Ebony inlays, two brass inlay rivets and stainless rocker rivet.

Version 2. Same as above except four brass inlay rivets.

Version 3. Same as above except three brass inlay rivets.

Version 4. Same as above except the brass inlay rivets are now approximately 1/8” in diameter.

Category IV, Stamped BUCK, *112**, U.S.A. 1980 to 1981 ?

Version 1. Left hand stamp, stainless spring holder, Macasar Ebony inlays, three 1/8” brass inlay rivets and stainless rocker rivet.

Version 2. Same as above except nail notch added.

Version 3. Same as above except hand radiused handle edges. Handles have hand radiused edges. No radius in thumb depression area. Finger grooved model introduced.

Category V, Stamped BUCK **112**, U.S.A. 1981 ? to 1986.

Version 1. Left hand stamp, stainless spring holder, Macasar Ebony inlays, three 1/8” brass inlay rivets and stainless rocker rivet. Hand radiused handle edges still found although fully radiused handles can now be found.

Important note: The 112 does not appear to follow the same pattern as its big brother, the 110, as it pertains to the dot blade markings. For instance, the first time we see rounded edges on the 110 handle is on a 4 dot version. The first time we see it on the 112 is on a 3 dot version. An explanation for this is that there was probably quite a few 112’s made up with the 3 dot stamp and it took a while to use them all up. This is the best theory we have right now on that.
junom

Re: is there any Buck 112 data

Post by junom »

Hi, thank you 300 Bucks, it's perfect, it's the same as what the other site has , except they used category and version, I feel better about it now. Thanks again. George God bless

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”