Buck built winchester or remington

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
junom

Buck built winchester or remington

Post by junom »

Hi, I read in a book I have here somewhere that Buck built a knife for Winchester or Remington ,I don't remember which one, does anyone know anything about it, about all I can remember is it was a long time ago,and Buck marked it, the book didn't have many details, I know it must be super rare. George God bless
bertl

Re: Buck built winchester or remington

Post by bertl »

The story I've heard is that in about 1981, a sales rep for Winchester arranged to have a couple thousand of the Buck 301s and 311s made for Winchester employees. The Buck escutcheon was replaced with a Winchester escutcheon. They show up every once in a while. I have the 311 version. I don't know about the Remington knives. Maybe 300Bucks will show up here and give us the true word.
300Bucks

Post by 300Bucks »

What was said above it true. You see them up come up on a auction site once in a while. They were special ordered by Winchester, Buck was contracting with Camillus for those models. So Winchester shields were put in place of the Buck knife,bolt and hammer shield. Other companies had their emblem on shields of those era knives also. There was a several hundred minimum order. Winchester shields were shipped in paper sleeves with no boxes.

I have a 303 sized knife with black sawcut scales and slanted bolsters. The tang has be ground off and Remington is printed in ink on the grind marks. I have no additional information on Buck / Remington knives.

Attachments
300Winchesters.jpg
junom

Post by junom »

Hi, thanks that has to be it, I have'nt seen one yet, or I would remember it. George God bless
terryagar

Post by terryagar »

Thank you so much for this information. My father in law had a number of pocket knives of various brands the only Buck 311 knives I saw on Ebay were with the BUCK logo. We have the Winchester 311 model in pretty good used condition. Been wanting to determine the rarity and value. Saw one on a Ozark Cutlery for $135. If there are only a thousand or so it must be rare. right?

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”