can a 110 or 112 blade be crinked

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
junom

can a 110 or 112 blade be crinked

Post by junom »

Hi,
I have a few 110's and 112's that have off center blades ,none of them rub ,it's just cosmetic, I have crinked lighter blades and they came out fine, but the blades are so heavy on the Bucks especially the 112's I'm afraid that they will snap on a attempt to center the blade, I tried a junk one but it must take some heavy blows, I didn't have any luck, I'm almost positive if I strike any harder that the blade will snap, and even being junk the knife is useful and I rather not snap it, maybe I just have one that has a hard tang. Thanks George God bless
junom

Re: can a 110 or 112 blade be crinked [ answered ]

Post by junom »

Hi, I think I found my own answer, I suppose it is correct, it said strike the tang with a file, if it's been hardened it will snap not bend. George God bless

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”