non gravity 110

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
junom

non gravity 110

Post by junom »

Hi, I have a few 110's, I can't seem to figure out how the pre dot knives could be gravity knives, the rocker rides the tang on most of the pre dot knives I have, I have a few version 4 and 3's that you can depress the release and the blade will swing free, but it takes two hands,unless you have a super powerful finger, I have turned them upside down and tried my index finger ,but it's too much pressure, maybe I'm missing something like a California law. Thanks George God bless
bertl

Re: non gravity 110

Post by bertl »

I've never had the urge to flick a 110 open, but there are a lot of people who claim it can be done on older models, especially if they have been slightly modified. My personal experience with the 1st and 2nd Version 110s is that some don't open easily even with two hands. There may be an article in the next BCCI Newsletter (December) that discusses the "gravity" versus "non-gravity" 110s.

Bert
junom

Re: non gravity 110

Post by junom »

I never thought about it, just buy a modifed 110 with a button, I've seen plenty, but I have no use for one, I have dozens of good autos and they just sit in my safe open, when I bought them it seemed like a good idea, but it probably was a waste, some day I will get rid of them if they stay legal. Thanks George God bless

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”