Buck in 13n26?

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
smokepole

Buck in 13n26?

Post by smokepole »

I need some help please - a friend is sending me a knife, he says it is a Buck and the blade is from 13n26 but I can't seem to find much on the steel, other than it is a Sandvik Stainless and seems to be used for the manufacture of TIG welder collets a lot. Does anyone have more info, and especially as to whether Buck used this steel and for which knives?
Thank you!
"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
- Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Be on your guard against a silent dog and still water.
Latin Proverb
300Bucks

Re: Buck in 13n26?

Post by 300Bucks »

It is shown as a steel used by Buck on about the third page in the Buck Dealer catalog. I would have to just look thru catalog to see which knives it is used. Will do a quick look. 300

Just a quick flip of pages shows it in the Avid models Force 847, Lux 015, 336 Paradigm and 341/346 Vantages. May be more but quit looking.
smokepole

Re: Buck in 13n26?

Post by smokepole »

Thanks 300, I got the knife last week - you were right - it is a "Vantage Avid" model and the steel is 13c26. Nice knife - Bose design if I am not mistaken. Interesting too in that it utilizes no stop pins whatsoever - in the open position the liner lock stops it and in the closed position the detent ball keeps the blade in place - that's it.
"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
- Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Be on your guard against a silent dog and still water.
Latin Proverb

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”