Buck "General" 120

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
NineMilePete

Buck "General" 120

Post by NineMilePete »

Greetings:
I'm a bit of a novice.
I was perusing EBAY and looked over a Buck knife that the seller described as made in El Cajon, California
I picked up my Buck 120 second handed back around 1978. It does had the small stamping on the blade.
I don't really know the significance of an El Cajon, California made Buck knife. Could mine possisbly fit into that catagory?
Many thanks
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Buck "General" 120

Post by 1967redrider »

I heard something on KnivesLive tv last night related to this, if I remember correctly, Buck moved production there from Idaho for a few years and then back to Idaho. I'm sure someone here has more (and possibly better) information on this.

Also, they had a new Boone & Crockett 120 for $79.99 that had a handle etch. Not sure if they have any left for that price, if anyone's interested it might be worth checking out.

Welcome to AAPK, NineMilePete, the best knife collector's site on the web! ::tu::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
gino

Post by gino »

I believe in 1968 Buck moved to El Cajon Cal. until the late 70's
-( life is too short to carry a cheap knife )-
NineMilePete

Post by NineMilePete »

Any significant or special about "burgandy" colored handle spacers?
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

There are still some new Boone & Crockett Generals left;

http://www.smkw.com/webapp/eCommerce/pr ... U3685.html
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”