BUCK 55

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: BUCK 55

Post by jerryd6818 »

$31.28 on Amazon with free shipping - http://www.amazon.com/Buck-Knives-55-Fo ... 880&sr=8-1

$28.99 on Poor Fish + shipping (unknown cost) - http://www.poorfish.com/p-11570-buck-th ... ode=nextag

$59 on Bucks website + shipping (unknown cost) - http://www.buckknives.com/index.cfm?eve ... uctID=2882

None in AAPK stores.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Those first two prices Jerry listed are great. I paid $44.80, even with a 20% discount, plus 7% sales tax - of course my purchase helped a very nice eastern NC gun & hunting shop stay in business. I have been carrying the 55 today, carries nicely in the front left pocket of my jeans, not had a use for it yet (changed a lawn tractor tire today - took bigger tools than a pocket knife!)
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Old Hunter wrote: of course my purchase helped a very nice eastern NC gun & hunting shop stay in business.
::tu::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Here is an over/under comparison shot of the 55 over its big brother, the 110 in the fully extended position.

Here is a comparison shot while they are posed in the famous "knife blades being photographed" position that we are all familiar with.

Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

I have carried it a few weeks since dropping it in my pocket; I have received several compliments from people and one guy wanted to know the model info so he could buy one for himself. Overall the Buck 55 is a good knife to carry, length and blade are great for everyday uses (typical non-heavy duty tasks such as opening boxes, cutting strings/rope, cutting cleaning patches, etc.). It is slightly wide for my tastes in carry - my knife stays in my left front pocket with my cell phone. As much as I like this Buck I have gone back to carrying my black synthetic Case Texas Jack (22087SS) for EDC use (same length, a little fatter, but not as wide). I also find I like having the choice of two blades in my EDC pocket knife.
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

The 55 is a great knife but I don't like lock-backs in the pocket,small barlows and stockman for in the pocket ::nod::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”