A 112 three dot for scrutiny qnd dating

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
Owd Wullie

Re: A 112 three dot for scrutiny qnd dating

Post by Owd Wullie »

Ya reckon the good folks at Buck thought when they made those and the 110's in the beginning that there'd be this kind of confusion as to what was when? ::dang::
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.
300Bucks

Post by 300Bucks »

Since thread is bumped and someone might of thought when I said oldest to newest in previous photo I was talking about Version I down. Here is real Version 1 down, except alas I have no Version 2 var. 1. Always looking......
Version 1 , missing 2 var 1, Version 2 var. 2, Version 3 Segua scale, Version 4 Ebony scale. Edited and added next four below others. Version 5 Var. 1 . V 5 variation 2 note 4 rivets, V 5 variation 3 and V 5 variation 4 with 3 bigger rivets. If you hold them up side by side you can see the rivets are bigger.

300Bucks
Attachments
112Begin2.jpg
112middle.jpg
Owd Wullie

Post by Owd Wullie »

Near as I can tell from those pics, mine appears to be either a Version 4 or Version 5 var 1. :roll:

Was the Version 3 ever made with ebony? The rivets on mine are sunk like your version 3 but the scales are definitely ebony.

What years were these made?

Thanks,
W
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.
300Bucks

Post by 300Bucks »

You've seen my whole collection. was just a sideline to the 300s.
Will have to dig for dates. Vers 3 and 4 are alike, one is Segua and one Ebony.
300Bucks
junom

Post by junom »

Hi, I'm probably late with this posting, I always thought that the third dot was added because of the bushing, but I read where someone broke down some two dot 110's, he wrote that he found two different types of materal, used in the blade bushings, now I think that maybe the third dot was used because of the new rocker material, I wish I could remember where I read it, I'll find it again in time. George God bless

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”