My Camillus (pre 2007) TL-29 arrived today

A place to discuss & share pictures of military related knives and tools. Conversation relating to objects of war and peace from all eras welcome.
Captain O

My Camillus (pre 2007) TL-29 arrived today

Post by Captain O »

In essence, it is perfect! finish, "walk and talk" ease of opening, Screwdriver/Stripper blade lock bail all as they left the factory over ten years ago! This takes me back to 1974 when I was at USNAS Whidbey Island, Washington. I was all of 19 years old when I was issued my first TL-29. This knife is as good, or better than the knife I first held in my hand 43 years ago. I discovered that e-Prague did a good job in handling everything.

Buy one of these gems on Amazon before it is too late. You won't be sorry. ::tu::
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: My Camillus (pre 2007) TL-29 arrived today

Post by philco »

Sounds good Captain. Do you have a link to the Amazon listing ?
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

I need a non-user TL-29/#27. I've got nearly half a dozen "TL-29 type" knives and use them all heavily, mostly the Camillus built 62031 LHR, a knife popular with coal miners in the '80s and '90s here in SW Va. My Camillus is the least used, as it is sort of sentimental, being the first knife I bought when I switched from diecast cars back to knives in 2014 or so. A Colonial TL-29 was my first or second knife in '05 or '06.

Here's the listing:

https://www.amazon.com/Camillus-Electri ... ords=TL-29
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

philco wrote:Sounds good Captain. Do you have a link to the Amazon listing ?
Look up TL-29 or "Electricians Knife" on Amazon.com You will find ePrague.com. They have a few NOS Camillus TL-29 knives left in stock. They had to pull some from their warehouse to send me what I had ordered. The back Delrin liner on the back of my knife was about a millimeter off, but the blade(s) "walk and talk" is just fine. There were three tiny black pits on the back of the spear point blade. (Heck, the knife has been sitting for more than 10 years). Other than that, the knife took a razor's edge in jig time. ::tu:: These are genuine "military issue" knives without the box. Mine came in a plastic bag, wrapped in tissue paper.

They are selling from ePrague for $29.95 and are more than worth the cost. 8) :mrgreen:

Hurry before it is too late.
Brian Battaglia

Post by Brian Battaglia »

Thanks for the info, I just ordered one. I was issued one as well when first started working at PSNS in 1979. :) Awesome!!
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Captain O wrote: They are selling from ePrague for $29.95 and are more than worth the cost. 8) :mrgreen:

Hurry before it is too late.
Currently $25.70 on ePrague ---> http://epragueknives.com/camillus-new-y ... e-nos.html
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Stakeknife

Post by Stakeknife »

Mine is on the way! Thanks for the heads up. When they are gone they are gone.
NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

A man with a gun is a citizen, a man without a gun is a subject. Our forefathers knew this to be true..... Why do so many of us question their wisdom?
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

Stakeknife wrote:Mine is on the way! Thanks for the heads up. When they are gone they are gone.
You'll love it. (They always do)!

Return to “Military Related Knives And Tools”