U.S & German World War I & II Military Knives

A place to discuss & share pictures of military related knives and tools. Conversation relating to objects of war and peace from all eras welcome.
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: U.S & German World War I & II Military Knives

Post by Miller Bro's »

Thanks, can`t wait to see the mini :wink:
AAPK Janitor
galvanic1882
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by galvanic1882 »

OK, here are the mini's. The leather handled one is 6 5/8" not counting the loop. The ivory handled one is 6 1/4". The leather one is marked like the 2 large fights and the ivory is not.

The ivory handled knife I bought from a man whose Dad was a doctor in Neb. that treated Richtig before he died and the family gave the doctor the knife. He had used it as a letter opener for years till he passed and his son sold it to me. The wife of the doctor used an aluminum handled one in her garden to plant flowers and bulbs!!! It has been looked at by Harlan S. and he said that it was made by Richtig and that he has seen many little ones like this one.
Attachments
richtigmini.jpg
richtigivory.jpg
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

Those are the smallest ones I have seen ::nod::
AAPK Janitor
galvanic1882
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by galvanic1882 »

Dimitri if you like the feel of the large fighters you need to handle a leather handled Mini they are just great!!! He was a master at making knives.

Have you ever held a Baxter from Boston?? Like I said earlier in the post, I have one coming in the mail that I need info on??

Mike
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

I did see one many years ago. It looked like a well made knife to me ::nod:: guy wanted too much money for me.

galvanic1882 wrote:if you like the feel of the large fighters you need to handle a leather handled Mini they are just great!
I would like to handle one of them someday ::nod:: ::tu::
AAPK Janitor
galvanic1882
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by galvanic1882 »

Any time that you get my way let me know and you will get one in your hands!!! ::handshake::
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

8) I will take you up on that offer ::nod:: ::tu::
AAPK Janitor
galvanic1882
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by galvanic1882 »

Here is another one I picked up. It is definatly a Baxter knife, see the knife with a copy of Silvey's book, but it is marked J & D Miller NY. On the top side of the handle is stamped Erwin K.Simon 12157342. Not sure what that refers to. Service number maybe?? I tried looking the name up on the internet with no luck.
Attachments
miller-baxter1.jpg
miller-baxter2.jpg
miller-baxter3.jpg
miller-baxter4.jpg
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

ImageMike 8)
AAPK Janitor
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

galvanic1882 wrote:Here is another one I picked up. It is definatly a Baxter knife, see the knife with a copy of Silvey's book, but it is marked J & D Miller NY. On the top side of the handle is stamped Erwin K.Simon 12157342. Not sure what that refers to. Service number maybe?? I tried looking the name up on the internet with no luck.
I believe you're correct about that being a service number. Here's a list of WWII Army enlistees from Kings County, NY and though your Erwin K.Simon is not among them, his service number fits right in for number of digits and approximate sequence of digits. If you get interested enough, you can get all releasable information on him through the Freedom of Information Act by sending a query to the records center in St. Louis, MO. Let me know if you want to do that and I'll help you get the necessary paperwork started.

http://files.usgwarchives.net/ny/kings/ ... 354gmt.txt
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
galvanic1882
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by galvanic1882 »

Thanks for the offer to help but I am going to be listing the knife in my store and maybe the new owner will do it. Below is a Link to another Miller knife.

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/a ... d-miller-n

Mike
RobesonsRme.com

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Well, as usual, I'm late getting to another great thread.

Here are some Robeson WWII straight knives that I used to own. I sold them all on Ebay last winter.

First is an unused Navy Mark II.

Second is an Army marked knife.

Third is a Navy Mark I.

Fourth is a USMC marked knife. This knife was an incomplete restoration that had a great blued blade. I sold it to a Marine vet that can redo the restoration work. He was pleased to get it.

I had and sold a very nice blade marked, but not dated, M-3, but I cannot find the photos. I must have deleted them. It was the first one I sold.

Charlie Noyes
Attachments
P1010139.JPG
P1010148.JPG
P1010158.JPG
P1010128.JPG
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
WelderBob
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by WelderBob »

Very nice Charlie, I love those Mark ll... ::tu::

I recently acquired a parkerized Robeson, but nice examples of the blued version are hard to find.

Bob
Bob

"To Ride, Shoot Straight, And Speak The Truth" - Jeff Cooper
Mossdancer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mossdancer »

Hi Bob: I think you mentioned a Remington circle straight line stamp that I had. I thing I traded it to Phil(Great Scout) a couple of years ago.Good to hear from you.
Charlie: Those are really great Knives. My latest acquisitions are an early pinned round tang Robeson, it and the sheath marked USN Mark 2, A KA-BAR USMC and a Pal RH 36 utility knife. The Robeson is in excellent condition. The utility and the KA-BAR are the only original leather sheaths I have. Currently I can only fill one of the Holsters with a 1911, still looking for three more.
UsSMC KA-BAR ROBESONUSNMk2 PAL RH 36 Utility 001.jpg
UsSMC KA-BAR ROBESONUSNMk2 PAL RH 36 Utility 002.jpg
UsSMC KA-BAR ROBESONUSNMk2 PAL RH 36 Utility 003.jpg
moss
I STAND FOR OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM
WelderBob
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by WelderBob »

Hi Moss, Thats a nice blade marked Robeson...I'm still looking for one of those and a sheath for my Pal 36. Nice bunch of holster's, is the black one a Bolen Lea...I've a few around here some where. I found another Western Seebee with a decent sheath, unfortunately someone did a number on the blade.

Bob
Attachments
western 001.JPG
western 002.JPG
Bob

"To Ride, Shoot Straight, And Speak The Truth" - Jeff Cooper
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

Image Charlie, WB, and Bob!
AAPK Janitor
bigdaddys8ball

Re: U.S & German World War II Military Knives

Post by bigdaddys8ball »

Miller Bro`s wrote:Moss,

I do not have the bottom piece, I wish I did. A few years ago there were some reproduction sheaths on the market. I should have bought a few. They were very close to the original.

I have yet to find one of these knives with an intact original sheath. Do you know where I can find one?

M.B.
ive been looking at one with the orignal holster i was just woundering on the price can any body give me a guesstament on how much it would be worth its a lf&c dated 1917 with orignal holster in pretty good shape ill see if i can get a pic and post it later the seller wants $450 for it but is it worth that
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

bigdaddys8ball wrote: the seller wants $450 for it but is it worth that
If it is an original and in excellent condition with the scabbard, I would say it is easily worth that much ::nod:: ::tu::
AAPK Janitor
bigdaddys8ball

Post by bigdaddys8ball »

thanks millerbros im going today and see if i can hagel with him he is a older feller i would say early eightys and he has had it for as long as i can remember and he finally gave me the price of 450
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

You guys have put up some really nice knives. Thank you for posting them.
Here's a few of mine. I had them in a display for a show. The Boker M-1 was my Fathers from WW2. He served on the USS Lake Champlain late in the war. His service before that is unknown. The Case XX Bowie is Post war.
Wazu013
Attachments
WW@ & WW! 013.JPG
WW@ & WW! 015.JPG
WW@ & WW! 017.JPG
WW@ & WW! 018.JPG
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

AAPK Janitor
Mossdancer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mossdancer »

bigdaddys8ball:
Re: (price for 1917, The sheath alone could be valued up to a couple of hundred possibly)
That being said, asking prices are just that. Ask if he would consider an offer. Never hurts.
moss
I STAND FOR OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM
bigdaddys8ball

Post by bigdaddys8ball »

well i missed that lf&c nuckel knife the old feller and his wife moved back to MI. hopefully ill get to see him again he is a friend of my dads from the army they have known eatch other for years
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

RobesonsRme.com wrote:Well, as usual, I'm late getting to another great thread.

Here are some Robeson WWII straight knives that I used to own. I sold them all on Ebay last winter.

First is an unused Navy Mark II.

Second is an Army marked knife.

Third is a Navy Mark I.

Fourth is a USMC marked knife. This knife was an incomplete restoration that had a great blued blade. I sold it to a Marine vet that can redo the restoration work. He was pleased to get it.

I had and sold a very nice blade marked, but not dated, M-3, but I cannot find the photos. I must have deleted them. It was the first one I sold.

Charlie Noyes
Thanks for posting those pictures of your sheaths! I have a Catt 225Q with the exact same sheath but didn't know if it was original or not.

wasu013, you don't happen to have an extra one of those folding machete blade protectors kicking around do you? I bought a Cattaraugus but it didn't come with one. Thanks for any info you have! ::nod::

I see those WWI trench knives selling at auction from time to time and they are usually out of my price range. Might have to bite the bullet sometime and pick one up but I'm afraid of repros.

Beautiful knives everyone ! ! ! ! ::groove::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

[quote="1967redrider"][quote]
wazu013, you don't happen to have an extra one of those folding machete blade protectors kicking around do you? I bought a Cattaraugus but it didn't come with one. Thanks for any info you have! ::nod::

Sorry Red, the guard was the first thing that was tossed when you were issued one. If I find one I'll pick it up and let you know. Maybe you could buy a wreck like the one linked below then sell the machette for whatever you can get?
wazu013

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Case-XX-Folding ... 19c93fef6e
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez

Return to “Military Related Knives And Tools”