Howdy all, I have one stone implement to show...

A place dedicated to the discussion & picture sharing of swords, hatchets, throwing knives, Native American Tools, tomahawk heads and other related items.
Randy

Howdy all, I have one stone implement to show...

Post by Randy »

I found this in central Missouri when I was four wheeling a river about thirty years ago. A simple mistake, I stopped to get rid of a large amount of used beer and when I was done I looked down so I wouldn't trip on any rocks and there it was lying on the bottom of the stream. I've been told things about it, I've been offered lots of money for it, I've used it to hold down freshwater aquariums, and I now use it to show it off at rendezvous along with my ghost rock.

I have found a bunch of these ghost rocks in different sizes and configurations. I've been told they are from drips coming from the top of a new cave ceiling before stalagmites or any other formations have formed.. ::shrug::
Ghost camp mascot
Ghost camp mascot
360 degree groove axe/sledge
360 degree groove axe/sledge
ghost rock and axe head 003.jpg
ghost rock and axe head 004.jpg
Phaeton

Re: Howdy all, I have one stone implement to show...

Post by Phaeton »

Some early European cultures would grind their grain in stone bowls which were artfully decorated. In later years when the populations were getting unwieldy the mortar bowls were no longer used, multiple bowls were carved in larger stones and grain was ground assembly line fashion.
That may be America's version of production line mortar and pestle for the masses. Visually it fits.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Randy, don't know if I have ever seen a rock like that. That is amazing. I would be proud to find an ax like that. It is just about perfect.
Woodly

Post by Woodly »

2 great finds

Return to “Other Sharp Objects”