Fillet-a-whale

A place dedicated to the discussion & picture sharing of swords, hatchets, throwing knives, Native American Tools, tomahawk heads and other related items.
JACK OF ALL TIRADES

Fillet-a-whale

Post by JACK OF ALL TIRADES »

Well, it would still be slow but this 9" J. Marttiini might work. It's signed and a 9" blade, not total length. Hope y'all like the pic.
Attachments
IMG_0016.JPG
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Fillet-a-whale

Post by Colonel26 »

Very cool. It's hard to beat those old J. Martini fillet knives.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
JACK OF ALL TIRADES

Your sig line beats it :D
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

JACK OF ALL TIRADES wrote:Your sig line beats it :D
Amen! Thank you sir!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
wlf

Post by wlf »

And another amen,welcome Jack.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
JACK OF ALL TIRADES

Thanks guys, God bless the General and Dixie !
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

Nice one! Those Marttini filet knives are hard to beat. My ex-brother-in-law used to have one that really got a workout in the summer months.He worked his father's charter boat just about every weekend and it wasn't unusual for him to fillet a couple hundred blues and whatever else the customers happened to bring up.
I have a few fillet knives but I'm no good at using them.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

My wife used to work cutting fish in a commercial fish plant in Newport Oregon, many years ago.
She filleted halibut, ling cod, rock fish, tuna, salmon and anything else they put on the line.
She can fillet a mess of bass in no time at all. She also is an excellent seafood cook.
I will have to see if I can find her old Dexter fillet knife, it is worn down to nearly a toothpick.
She likes stiff fillet knives, not the flexible ones. She says she can get more meat off the fish with a stiffer fillet knife.

I found her old Dexter. Lousy picture but it is night and this is the best I could do indoors.

Not a lot of blade left on this knife! ::nod::
Alys old Dexter.jpg
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

orvet wrote:My wife used to work cutting fish in a commercial fish plant in Newport Oregon, many years ago.
She filleted halibut, ling cod, rock fish, tuna, salmon and anything else they put on the line.
She can fillet a mess of bass in no time at all. She also is an excellent seafood cook.
I will have to see if I can find her old Dexter fillet knife, it is worn down to nearly a toothpick.
She likes stiff fillet knives, not the flexible ones. She says she can get more meat off the fish with a stiffer fillet knife.

I found her old Dexter. Lousy picture but it is night and this is the best I could do indoors.

Not a lot of blade left on this knife! ::nod::
Alys old Dexter.jpg
Now that one has some miles on it! Great pic Dale'thanks for sharing it and the story behind it. ::tu::
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!

Return to “Other Sharp Objects”