Tank 2016: Kissing Crane Stiletto Auction Ended

Have knives or knife related items for sale or for trade? Premium subscribers are welcomed to post them here. Feel free to plug your AAPK knife store or eBay listings as well. Make sure to check out the items our club members have for sale if you are looking to buy.
coffeecup

Tank 2016: Kissing Crane Stiletto Auction Ended

Post by coffeecup »

For the past few years, as the holiday season approaches, we've been doing an auction for Tank's benefit. Mostly, we do it to remind him we haven't forgotten about him--but some extra funds around the holidays doesn't hurt!

The format this year will be a bit different. Usually we just have four or five knives to auction--thanks to a fine fellow on another forum, we've got "a few" more than that. Every couple nights for the next week, I'll be posting 3 knives. Tonight's auction starts now, and runs til 10 PM Central on 28 November 2016. All proceeds go to Tank, shipping (in the US) is already covered. (If you're outside the US, drop me a note and we'll figure something out.)

When the auction is complete, I'll notify the winner. As usual, Philco is going to handle getting the funds to Tank, so he will contact the winners to arrange payment. As soon as Phil tells me he has the funds, I'll send the knife out USPS Priority.

First knife up tonight is a stag-handled stilleto made by Kissing Crane. Blade is etched "STILETTO" over "Kissing Crane*Germany" with the usual kissing cranes. Tang is stamped, "Kissing Crane" in an arch over the 2-cranes mark and the word "Germany". On the back, the tang is marked "KC 48 ROSTFREI GERMANY" in three lines. The knife measures about 8 7/8" open, about 4 7/8" closed. Overall, the knife looks like a display model: some handling marks but no signs of use.

And the stag. . . I've tried to show the texture and thickness in the picks. Click on the pictures for a larger version. Ask any questions you might have, and of course--bid early and often!

Quality should not be an accident. So what is the explanation for some of the knives we've seen in the past few years? (from A Knifebuyer's Manifesto)
jlw257

Re: Tank 2016: Kissing Crane Stiletto

Post by jlw257 »

Will start @$75
Larry W

Happiness is looking for XX Case Red Stag Knives
jlw257

Post by jlw257 »

Okay folks we need to get these auctions going to help our own. Help Tank ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Larry W

Happiness is looking for XX Case Red Stag Knives
channa1278

Post by channa1278 »

How bout 85.00
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.- Albert Einstein
coffeecup

Post by coffeecup »

It is 10:044 PM Central, and it looks like Channa1278 did a clean sweep of all three auctions! Thanks, Channa1278--I'll be in touch shortly via PM.

Meantime folks, don't forget the next round of auctions begins tomorrow evening!

Jim

Return to “Knives for Sale or Trade”