2016-Johnnie Fain Auction #1 Schrade Auto

Have knives or knife related items for sale or for trade? Premium subscribers are welcomed to post them here. Feel free to plug your AAPK knife store or eBay listings as well. Make sure to check out the items our club members have for sale if you are looking to buy.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

2016-Johnnie Fain Auction #1 Schrade Auto

Post by orvet »

Over the next month or two I will be doing a series of three online knife auctions.
These knives are from the collection of Johnnie Fain (jonet143).

Johnnie joined AAPK in June 2006. Johnnie was a moderator here on AAPK and if you joined AAPK between 2006 and March 2009 (when Johnny passed away), Johnnie was probably the 1st one who posted and welcome to you to AAPK.

Johnnie was instrumental in establishing the AAPK legacy of being the friendliest knife forum on the web. Johnnie was usually the 1st to welcome a new member and he was always there with an answer for anyone’s question. It is not that he knew everything, but Johnny had an extensive library of knife books and he knew how to use them. If he didn’t know the answer he would look it up! Johnnie was largely responsible for the laid back, friendly & helpful tone of AAPK.

Since Johnny passed away I have ran a series of auctions to sell his collection for his widow Annettee. Earlier this year Annettee sent me the last of Johnny’s knives to auction off to members of AAPK. I will be doing 3 auctions of about 5 knives per auction, each auction lasting approximately one week, though this is subject to change and my schedule.

This auction is for the following knife: SCHRADE FIRE & ICE AUTOMATIC

To the best of my recollection and research this knife came out in early 2009 or perhaps late 2008. There was a limited number of these made in both automatic and slip joint versions. This is the bolster release auto. From what I have been able to find Great Eastern Cutlery made these knives for Taylor Brands LLC.

The knife comes in the box wrapped in paper. There is no paperwork in the box. The handles are gorgeous red jigged bone.
Schrade Fire & Ice a.jpg
Schrade Fire & Ice b.jpg
Schrade Fire & Ice c.jpg

<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*
This auction will end at 5 PM, Pacific Time on Friday, August 12, 2016, if there have been no bids within 1 hours of that time. If there have been bids, the auction will continue until such time as there are no bids for 1 hour. At that time the high bidder will be declared the winner.

These auctions are open to ALL members of AAPK. If you knew Johnnie, here is a chance to get a knife from his collection. If you didn’t know Johnnie, that is OK too, Johnnie would like the knives to go to someone who would enjoy them just like he did. Bid early & bid often, all proceeds go to Johnnie’s widow, it is all for a good cause!

After the auction has ended I will contact the winner with the total price. If you win multiple auctions I will combine the shipping. The auction winner pays cost of shipping & insurance and all proceeds from the knives go to Johnnie’s widow, Annettee. Shipping will be by USPS Priority Mail flat rate box.

Make the money order payable to Annettee Fain.
PLEASE- DO NOT make the payment out to me!!! I can guarantee it will delay the shipment of your knife by at least a week!
Payment will be by money order only.
Upon receipt of payment the knife will be shipped.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: 2016-Johnnie Fain Knife Auction #1

Post by Miller Bro's »

I'll start it out at $50.
AAPK Janitor
big monk

Post by big monk »

Dale, this one was made in 2007 ---my bid_______$150 ::tu::
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****
Wmsons44

Post by Wmsons44 »

$200
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: 2016-Johnnie Fain Auction #1 Schrade Auto

Post by orvet »

The auction ended at noon today Pacific Time.
We had no bidders within an hour of the ending time, therefore the auction is ended as of noon and the winner is Wmson44.

Congratulations Wmson44, I will be contacting you via PM with payment information and payment total tomorrow.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: 2016-Johnnie Fain Auction #1 Schrade Auto

Post by orvet »

Wmsons44, thanks for your bid and helping Annettee! ::tu::

There is a PM in your IN box with payment instructions.
Thanks again!
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Return to “Knives for Sale or Trade”