Four for Tank: Case sodbuster & modified Camco barlow

Have knives or knife related items for sale or for trade? Premium subscribers are welcomed to post them here. Feel free to plug your AAPK knife store or eBay listings as well. Make sure to check out the items our club members have for sale if you are looking to buy.
coffeecup

Four for Tank: Case sodbuster & modified Camco barlow

Post by coffeecup »

It is time for our annual auction for Tank. This gets him some extra funds for the holiday season, but mostly, we do it to remind him we haven't forgotten about him. If you don't know about his situation, take a look at this thread: http://allaboutpocketknives.com/knife_f ... hilit=tank

If you don't know who he is, go to his member profile and click on "search user's posts." He's a neat guy, with some neat knives; we appreciate his posts, and miss him when he can't.

Auction starts now, runs til 8 PM Central on Thursday 11 December 2014. All proceeds go to Tank, shipping (in the US) is already covered. (If you're outside the US, drop me a note and we'll figure something out.) When the auction is complete, I'll notify the winner. As usual, Philco is going to handle getting the funds to Tank, so he will contact the winner to arrange payment. As soon as Phil tells me he has the funds, I'll send the knife out USPS Priority.

About now, someone is looking at these knives and wondering what Coffeecup is drinking from his coffee cup. What do these two have in common, why are they together?

This year's "theme", such as we have, is EDC; these two knives have been my "7-day-a-week" EDC knives for more than a year. It is time for them to move on, and I couldn't think of a better way to find them a new home.

The Camco barlow is a later "near-the-end" knife. It has brown sawcut-marked delrin covers, but when I cut the corners off the edges it revealed the undelying light-colored delrin. The clip blade was tipped by a previous owner, so I ground it to a "modified Wharncliff" profile. I usually do this with the clip blade, but this made the main blade very useful for day-to-day tasks requiring a fine tip on a blade. The clip shows typical re-shaping due to use and sharpening. Both blades have half-stops, and have good action. The main blade is marked CAMCO in an arch over USA; the back of the blade is unmarked.

The Case sodbuster is a typical 6-dot Case 2138; the covers are black delrin and marked from use; the blade is black and re-shaped from sharpening.

All-in-all, they've been a great pair of knives, and will do good work for their next owner. I'm going to go clean the blades and touch-up the edges before I put them away.

treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Four for Tank: Case sodbuster & modified Camco barlow

Post by treefarmer »

$25 for the pair to start.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
coffeecup

Re: Four for Tank: Case sodbuster & modified Camco barlow

Post by coffeecup »

It is 8:13 PM here in eastern Nebraska, and it looks like Treefarmer is the winner! Treefarmer, I'll be in contact via PM shortly.

Return to “Knives for Sale or Trade”