Four for Tank: Camco barlow

Have knives or knife related items for sale or for trade? Premium subscribers are welcomed to post them here. Feel free to plug your AAPK knife store or eBay listings as well. Make sure to check out the items our club members have for sale if you are looking to buy.
coffeecup

Four for Tank: Camco barlow

Post by coffeecup »

It is time for our annual auction for Tank. This gets him some extra funds for the holiday season, but mostly, we do it to remind him we haven't forgotten about him. If you don't know about his situation, take a look at this thread: http://allaboutpocketknives.com/knife_f ... hilit=tank

If you don't know who he is, go to his member profile and click on "search user's posts." He's a neat guy, with some neat knives; we appreciate his posts, and miss him when he can't.

Auction starts now, runs til 8 PM Central on Thursday 11 December 2014. All proceeds go to Tank, shipping (in the US) is already covered. (If you're outside the US, drop me a note and we'll figure something out.) When the auction is complete, I'll notify the winner. As usual, Philco is going to handle getting the funds to Tank, so he will contact the winner to arrange payment. As soon as Phil tells me he has the funds, I'll send the knife out USPS Priority.

Our next item up for bid is a Camco barlow. Covers are sawcut composition of some kind (delrin I think but I'm not sure). The iron bolsters are stamped Barlow. Both blades show wear, but have good action and half-stops (note the ding in the clip blade, near the tip). Main blade is stamped CAMCO in an arch over USA; on the back is the pattern number 551.

knowtracks

Re: Four for Tank: Camco barlow

Post by knowtracks »

There is just something about a used and cared for tool that I really appreciate! 8)

$400.00

Dave
I don't speak no Flathead ya know!
coffeecup

Post by coffeecup »

knowtracks wrote:There is just something about a used and cared for tool that I really appreciate! 8)

$400.00

Dave
Dave-

I've been here and I've been there, but I don't think I've ever seen anything like that. Thank you, Sir.
Jim
knowtracks

Post by knowtracks »

We all 1st came here for the knives Jim, but unexpectedly we find kindred spirits and once in a while a true friend. Tank has been one of those "rare" people to me. Many times I have tried to put myself in his shoes and I don't know how he does it, he has more courage than I.
So these auctions, for the wounded warrior, Johnnie and Tank are not about the knives for me.
Sometimes it helps to know that somebody else gives a damn! ::handshake::

Dave
I don't speak no Flathead ya know!
singin46

Post by singin46 »

Well done Dave!! ::tu:: ::tu::
Love all Jacks
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Dave, my hats off to you sir. You have my respect.

I don't know Tank well, but what interaction I've had with him, he's been top notch. That's a fine thing you did!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
coffeecup

Post by coffeecup »

It is 8:11 PM here in eastern Nebraska, and it looks like Knowtracks is the winner! Dave, I'll be in contact via PM shortly.

Return to “Knives for Sale or Trade”