Strut 'N' cut by Blackie Collins

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
icemilk

Strut 'N' cut by Blackie Collins

Post by icemilk »

I just recieved a meyerco knife I won on e-bay. The blade etch says: Strut 'N' Cut by Blackie Collins 2nd generation. Tne tang stamp says: Strut 'N' Cut Meyerco AUS8A. The knife is in new cond. 100%. I paid $17.09. I would like to know If I got a good deal; How old it is and where was it made? Sincerely, Icemilk
Wow! That baby is sharp.
muskrat man
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Strut 'N' cut by Blackie Collins

Post by muskrat man »

if you like it, you got a good deal ::tu::
Custom knives, repair, restoration & embellishment
Certified Hubertus, Taylor, & Schrade repairman past and present
http://www.muskratmanknives.com
https://www.facebook.com/Muskratmanknives
ogrickesteves

Post by ogrickesteves »

I have a first run strut'n'cut. Can anyone tell me what kind of lock it has? I am real green about knives as I've only began collecting them (been buying them for years) recently.
justold52

Post by justold52 »

A sign In a Chinese Pet Store: 'Buy one dog, get one flea.'
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

icemilk wrote:I just recieved a meyerco knife I won on e-bay. The blade etch says: Strut 'N' Cut by Blackie Collins 2nd generation. Tne tang stamp says: Strut 'N' Cut Meyerco AUS8A. The knife is in new cond. 100%. I paid $17.09. I would like to know If I got a good deal; How old it is and where was it made? Sincerely, Icemilk
From looking up some of the Meyerco knives on the internet, it looks to me like you got a good buy on yours. Hope you enjoy it. Not sure where it was made. It should say somewhere on the knife. (I would suspect it may be made in China, but don't know for sure)

ogrickesteves wrote:I have a first run strut'n'cut. Can anyone tell me what kind of lock it has? I am real green about knives as I've only began collecting them (been buying them for years) recently.
I am not familiar enough with the knife to say what sort of locking mechanism it employs. The pictures I found looked like it might slide along the back spine of the knife to release the blade, but I really could not tell for sure. Does the lock release slide or do you simply press on it to release the blade?

I have attached a link to a picture of the knife. Just scroll down.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =127021656

Phil
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
ogrickesteves

Post by ogrickesteves »

actually the locking mechanism doesn't slide; it rotates like clockwork or a propeller.
jujubeetuna

Post by jujubeetuna »

I have found the meyerco cut 'n' strut 2nd generation at one of my local knife shops for 14.99. Right now they are trying to clear them out to make room for more knives. So they are on sale for 10.99. I don't know if they have a website that you can purchase from. They are called River's edge knife cutlery in Hilliard Ohio

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”