Royal Brand USA question

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
tb48453

Royal Brand USA question

Post by tb48453 »

New here, ty for my joining lots of info here! I found this Royal Brand USA double bladed pocket knife amogst my fathers items, don't know if it was his or his fathers. it has swirl handles in the color of red, white and blue for the most part, a piece is missing though near the front of the knife folding area (sorry for the proper name absence) also has a metal badge on one side, some rusting and some blade wear. Just looking for a rough timeframe and or any value. Most likely not but wasn't sure. In any case thanks so much for your time! Just putting it in the safe for now as a keepsake
royalknife.jpg
royalknifee.jpg
knife7knut

Re: Royal Brand USA question

Post by knife7knut »

Welcome to the forums! Interesting little knife;I have never seen that particular color or pattern of celluloid on a knife before. I have a couple Royal Brand knives and they may possibly have been made by Camillus or Imperial. Your knife has one of the tip bolsters missing and the blades are pretty much used up. As to value in the condition it is in is minimal but the fact that it belonged to your dad(to me anyway)makes it priceless.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
tb48453

Post by tb48453 »

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. And yes, he had a couple old knives he carried, usually a couple good swipes on the cement and they were as sharp as needed to be lol. Of course he had his good knives also that he polished a bit. I have saved those and will this one also, maybe my children can look back at them one day as I do. Thanks again!
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

At one point, someone on here said that they were Camillus for Woolworth stores.
tb48453

Post by tb48453 »

Thats also nice to know, some very helpful info, thanks. Love researching old items

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”