Schrade walden 2OT market value?

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Schrade walden 2OT market value?

Post by Chase »

That is a beauty! I would not carry that knife...That is definitely a keeper and I am sure there are plenty of folks who would want that one for their collections

Be a shame to carry one in that condition....Just my two cents worth

Tom
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

Chase wrote:That is a beauty! I would not carry that knife...That is definitely a keeper and I am sure there are plenty of folks who would want that one for their collections

Tom
You may be right, I will definitely have to consider it more. If I were to carry it though, it would be very light duty use, mostly to just have as "pocket jewelry".
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

KnifeSlinger#81 wrote:
Chase wrote:That is a beauty! I would not carry that knife...That is definitely a keeper and I am sure there are plenty of folks who would want that one for their collections

Tom
You may be right, I will definitely have to consider it more. If I were to carry it though, it would be very light duty use, mostly to just have as "pocket jewelry".
Good looking Schrade. I'm sure I'm in the very small minority, but if it were mine, and it costed me good money, and I wanted to pack it I sure would, some at least. But then again I never did derive any joy from owning safe queens in guns or knives.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
KnifeSlinger#81

Colonel26 wrote:
KnifeSlinger#81 wrote:

Tom
Good looking Schrade. I'm sure I'm in the very small minority, but if it were mine, and it costed me good money, and I wanted to pack it I sure would, some at least. But then again I never did derive any joy from owning safe queens in guns or knives.
I'm the same way, the only ones I absolutely will not carry are unused/unsharpened minty or near mint knives.
-Paul T.

Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

KnifeSlinger#81 wrote:
Colonel26 wrote:
KnifeSlinger#81 wrote:
I'm the same way, the only ones I absolutely will not carry are unused/unsharpened minty or near mint knives.
Whew. Good to see I'm not the only one. Lol. I always said I'd let my boys worry about diminished value when they inherited them. Rofl.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
gwelker62

Post by gwelker62 »

I would carry a minty 2OT only as fashion wear. Ya know, to pull out and show to co-workers, customers, friends, etc. For me, part of the joy of owning collectables is to show them off.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Paul, have the blades been sharpened ?
Secondary pen blade looks a little down ? but hard to tell without a minty one beside it.
The handles have a different color or glaze ? than others i have seen, a deeper red and the yellowish area ? Does it look the same 'in person' ?
Does anyone else see the handles as different from the norm (for a 2OT) ?
I do not doubt that it is all original.
kj
KnifeSlinger#81

Yes Roland it has been sharpened, the blades may be down a very small amount. The clip looks like it was previously very lightly tipped and sharpened out and the pen is noticeably tipped, but not terribly bad. I think what you are seeing in the handles is correct, they are mostly deep brown/red with a yellowish splotch and some slight yellow near the edges on the mark side only, pile side is more even in color. The little coloring imperfections give it nice character.
-Paul T.

SolWarrior

Post by SolWarrior »

KnifeSlinger#81 wrote:
Colonel26 wrote:
KnifeSlinger#81 wrote:
Another sweet looking purchase there, Slinger! ::tu:: ::tu:: If it were me I'd definitely carry it. Life is way too short to keep that baby in storage only.

BTW - Was it me who planted the 2OT seed as a must have after providing you with the link to "My New Old Timer EDC"by Dale? That one is a sweet one too. I wonder if Dale's Single blade 2OT is unique or do they make them with one blade as well? ::hmm::
KnifeSlinger#81

SolWarrior wrote:Another sweet looking purchase there, Slinger! ::tu:: ::tu:: If it were me I'd definitely carry it. Life is way too short to keep that baby in storage only.

BTW - Was it me who planted the 2OT seed as a must have after providing you with the link to "My New Old Timer EDC"by Dale? That one is a sweet one too. I wonder if Dale's Single blade 2OT is unique or do they make them with one blade as well? ::hmm::
Thanks Felix. It was never made as a single blade as far as I know. I keep my eyes open and had wanted a 2ot but don't really actively hunt for them mostly because I would never expect to find one with full blades for less than $250 BIN or a crazy bidding war. I happened upon this one and the price was just too good.
-Paul T.

Jody744
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jody744 »

So Paul, did you win that knife?
And I can't wait to see the knife that Tom finally carries!
"I like Case, Queen, S & M, Fightn' Rooster and many more."
(quote stolen from one of Jody Brown's posts)
KnifeSlinger#81

Jody744 it was a buy it now.
-Paul T.

SolWarrior

Post by SolWarrior »

KnifeSlinger, Thanks for the info. You did great finding this one as well, and at a good price too. ::tu:: You now own my holy grail knife and this one - second to it in my book, a 2OT - and what a beauty too. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: Glad for you, buddy. Thanks for the photos. ::handshake::

PS - Mr. Blister, That grandpappy to the 2OT is one breath-taker of a knife. ::oh_my:: WOW!

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”