Folding hunter

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
hddarts

Folding hunter

Post by hddarts »

Does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes a 2 blade slip with the finger pull that looks kinda like a eyelash
If I have to tell you, You wouldn't understand
Ridgegrass
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Folding hunter

Post by Ridgegrass »

Do you mean a serrated nail nick? Lots of makers did that This Western clasp/hunter would be one example, Some folks call them "Match-nicks". J.O'.
Attachments
IMG_5115.jpg
IMG_5117.jpg
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

Proper term is "dentate". KA-BAR used them a lot.
hddarts

Post by hddarts »

Thanks for the info. The one in the picture looks like mine but mine doesn't have scales and is real rusted up...any idea of the year. Never to old to learn .learn something new everyday THANKX
If I have to tell you, You wouldn't understand
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

hddarts wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:58 pm Thanks for the info. The one in the picture looks like mine but mine doesn't have scales and is real rusted up...any idea of the year. Never to old to learn .learn something new everyday THANKX
We would need good pictures of the whole knife, and especially of the blade and the tang stamp.

There’s no way for us to know where your knife was made, who made it, or when unless we know some basic information like brand, pattern numbers, and tans stamp. And as always good pictures help a lot.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
tallguy606

Post by tallguy606 »

Used to like this kind of nail nick. Now it just reminds me of Rough Ryder, and turns me off.

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”