Case Classic Toenail Value?

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
bonehead

Case Classic Toenail Value?

Post by bonehead »

Hi folks,

Came across this toenail a few days ago and put it on my watch list. Can anyone tell me why the value of this knife is so High? The seller mentions its a proto but I see nothing about this knife that makes it one. He says bolster etched with proto 00 but the only thing I see is the long tail C with 00 which was quite common on Csse classics. I cannot find it as a Case Classic in the Best in the Long Haul Case Classics book.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT
Bonehead

America's 'FINEST' Vintage Cutlery
Classic Case

Re: Case Classic Toenail Value?

Post by Classic Case »

The dual elephant etch makes it a 1 of 9. The 00 on the knife does not make it a prototype,but these knives were sold as having a "prototype serial number". It was pretty much a marketing gimmick by one of the distributers.It has led to much confusion,as many think these are actually prototype knives.I think the book was out before these were even released in 96.
Chris - I'd give my right arm to be ambidexterous.
Luckypaul777

Post by Luckypaul777 »

I think the knife in question; is a 1 of 100 made. There were 1 of 9's made with dueling bulls; I sold this tan bone; with bomb shield on eBay. I got no where near this price; but it's hard to tell what eBay will bring.

Paul
Attachments
DSCF7279.JPG
DSCF7278.JPG
bonehead

Post by bonehead »

Thanks Guys,
road_warri0r wrote:I questioned the seller on why he was calling it Proto and he informed me that the dealer who sold him the knives years ago told thim that the 00's on the bolster indicated a prototype. I explained to him the 0 or 00 or 000 indicated basically nothing other than the original buyer did not have it specifically serial numbered. Also it is clear on the end of the box in the auction add it says one of 80 which means it is a regular production. Regular production and Prototype never coincide. I suspected he might remove the word "proto" but so far it remains.
When a fellow is informed about the details of his knife and will not come clean its a shame. No update to the listing just let it ride, for the love of the mighty $. I have him on my Poo List and would but anything for free from him.

Alan
Bonehead

America's 'FINEST' Vintage Cutlery
Hghagan

Post by Hghagan »

Rare because of the Tin box it came in. They were recalled by Case because they spelled Pennsylvania wrong on the box. Check the photo. Not many out there. I was lucky enought to find a couple a few years ago before I found out about the misspelled word.
WildfireTommyRich

Post by WildfireTommyRich »

the Case Classic Bradford Collection tins were actually recalled becuase during the course of selling the Classics Jim Parker didn't actually get them approved from WR Case & Sons before having them made. A one Dick Kearney who used to work for Case saw them and wanted to "be the man" and insetead of just warning the Parkers about it and letting it go he saw fit to demand they be recalled and Case had many many of them DESTROYED. Yes they did. ::shrug::

Mr Dick K liked doing things such as this and was magically not with the company for not much longer. ive always like the Bradford collection tins and they have a nice old look to them. And from what Ive learned from James Buzz Parker the real real rare item is the Bradford collection cardboard small boxes with this same designs. ive got to know hime pretty good and this came strait from him if anybody wants to verify that knows him just ask him.
gmusic

Post by gmusic »

Pennsylvania
Attachments
DSC04312.JPG
DSC04316.JPG
http://www.musicmadeknives.com

Rodger, (Rodger-50/2050), Bill (El Lobo), Johnny Fain (jonet143), Johnny Samples (Johnnyrotten),
Bill Price (CCBill)

Please feel free to contact any mod or admin with concerns.
theblindog

Post by theblindog »

Gary!!
that is sweeeeettttt!!! ::tu:: ::tu:: ::drool:: ::drool::
Falah

"Have a sharp day!"
gmusic

Post by gmusic »

Thanks Falah
http://www.musicmadeknives.com

Rodger, (Rodger-50/2050), Bill (El Lobo), Johnny Fain (jonet143), Johnny Samples (Johnnyrotten),
Bill Price (CCBill)

Please feel free to contact any mod or admin with concerns.

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”