Marbles MOP Whittler

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
Shearer
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Marbles MOP Whittler

Post by Shearer »

Did Marbles make a MOP whittler.It's just that I see so many mop re-handles.
Any idea on value.I would say it's in average condition.

Grant
Attachments
Marbles Pearl Whittler.jpg
Politicians should be like a good pocket knife ." Sharp and useful "
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Marbles MOP Whittler

Post by peanut740 »

Sure that`s pearl?Some folders were made by Queen in the 90`s and early 2000`s.More recently China.
Roger
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

From the tang stamp, that one was made in 2001. ::nod::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
IMBand

Post by IMBand »

The MSA Co knives made in 2001 were made in the U.S. in limited runs for Dave Shirley. Very good quality and probably $90-125 in mint condition. Nice knife.

IM
:)
AAPK #6581
Shearer
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Shearer »

Thanks for the information .The knife in the picture is far from mint.The blades might not have much wear but they have some rust and pitting.

Grant
Politicians should be like a good pocket knife ." Sharp and useful "
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

IM, Was Dave Shirley partnered with a gent named John Cable? I know John was involved with Marbles around that time and is where I got the redbone whittler I'm showing here. Except for the handle jigging, it's also dead on for a Schatt & Morgan I picked up around the same time which tells me that Queen was the maker for the USA Marbles made then. This is really all I know about them, so any other info about what happened to this Marbles venture sure would be appreciated. (Click on the picture to enlarge.)
DSCN0214.JPG
IMBand

Post by IMBand »

Bob.....I don't know if Dave was partnered with Mr. Cable or not. A couple years ago I listed a MSA Co Knife for sale on eBay that was built in 2001. One of our members posted the knife here on AAPK asking if it was legit. Forensic Jim came along and stated that the MSA Co knives in 2001 were built by Queen for Dave Shirley of Northwoods Knives. I have since came across the same info a couple times on this site and others. Very nice knives IMHO.

IM
:)
AAPK #6581
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

John was definitely a part of Northwoods. He visited me during that time and I still have one of their fixed blade prototypes I got from him. I recall him telling me that the folks building them were former Marbles employees and the quality certainly shows in the knife I have. I think there's enough information here now to made a connection between Dave Shirley and John Cable as being partners in Northwoods and that era of Marbles Knives.

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”