Half Stops Question

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
Jtx
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Half Stops Question

Post by Jtx »

Need some help from experts. I have owned this knife for many years and today I noticed something, that I never noticed before. The master blade does not have a half-stop, but the secondary blade does have a half-stop. Maybe this is common, but I don't think I have encountered this before. The master blade is marked Wards/Made In USA and the pen is unmarked. There is nothing that I see which would make me think that the knife is not original. So, is it common for one blade to have a half stop while the other blade does not? Here are two pictures of the knife.It is about 3 1/2 inches closed.
Attachments
IMG_1035.jpg
IMG_1036.jpg
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: Half Stops Question

Post by Dinadan »

Jtx - it is not rare for a knife to have a half stop on the secondary blade and not on the main blade. Unusual, but not rare. I have a GEC whittler and a Bulldog whittler along with some China made Steel Warriors and Marbles with that feature. I do not know if there is a reason for having half stops on the secondary and not the main blade. Maybe just an extra flourish?

By the way, that is a very nice looking knife there! I am guessing that Schrade made that Ward knife though I have no actual knowledge.
Mel
Jtx
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Jtx »

Dinadan, thanks for that information, and thanks for the complement on the knife. It is a well made knife.
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

Very nice knife. If you ask me the swedge and bone look like a camillus, but I really have no idea.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Jtx, that is a good looking knife. ::tu::
I have the same knife, although not near as fine as yours.
Mine is 3 1/2" and has the half stop on the secondary.
Love them dog legs. ::drool::
Attachments
DSCN3779.JPG
DSCN3782.JPG
Joe
Jtx
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Jtx »

Thanks guys. I like it, too. I have another dog leg which is a Clauss (by Case I think). The Clauss is 3 1/4" and has half-stops on both blades. I wish I had more of this pattern.

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”