6111 1/2

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
stockman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

6111 1/2

Post by stockman »

I picked one of these up last week. I can see 8 dots, I can't move guard or blade to see more of the tang. I checked this topic from earlier to see what was discussed. My question
is, is there any other clues to date other than the dots? This knife has a huge nail nick.

Thanks Stockman
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: 6111 1/2

Post by knifeaholic »

If you post a pic, I might be able to tell you something based on the bone but it will not be definite.
stockman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by stockman »

I will post later this weekend getting ready for a show.

Thanks Stockman
stockman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by stockman »

Hello all, knifeaholic here is a picture of the knife hope you can see ok.

Stockman
Attachments
My Pictures0148.jpg
My Pictures0148.jpg (76.35 KiB) Viewed 819 times
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

I used to collect Case 1970 ten dots.
As I understood it, regardless of the number of dots, they were always centered beneath the rest of the stamp.
If that is indeed true, then I think your knife is a nine dot, 1971. There are two dots to the left of the "U", so there should be two to the right of the "A". One of which, you cannot see for the guard.
I know there are Case collectors here more knowledgible than I. A differing opinion might be forthcoming.
Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
Blade Runner

Post by Blade Runner »

Harrold, I know this isn't what you asked, but here it is again. First, 10 dots are centered beneath the widest part of the stamp. In other words the far left dot on a 10 dot will be under the "C" in "Case", the far right dot will be under the last "X" on the right. Before we go further I would like to respectfully disagree with Charlie's notion that "regardless of the number of dots they are always centered under the rest of the stamp". Maybe sometimes but not always. One thing that is as far as I have seen pretty constant during the first dotted era is the fact that the far left dot is removed first. We can see that dot not there on your knife, because the row of dots on the left side do not reach under the "C". Now, the next dot which would have been removed would be the far right, which we can't see because it's under the guard. So I think its either 8 or 9 dots. The above does not apply to the little Sod Buster.
B-R
Listen with your eyes, it's the only way you can believe what you hear.
stockman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by stockman »

Thanks Charlie and Gary, I tried to reread the earlier post but did not get it. After reading what BR posted it seem clear. I got out a nice 5254 10 dot and compared it to 6111 1/2, I also printed the information for when I forget.

Thanks
Stockman
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

I told you a differing opinion might be forthcoming from a more knowledgible person.
I stand corrected. ::doh::
Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”