CRKT PAZODA Knife Review

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

CRKT PAZODA Knife Review

Post by TripleF »

Steel Sahhhhhhhhhhhlute fellow knifers!!! How do you slice today?

Back in the early part of the year I had a CRKT Pazoda stop by my outpost and just before packing it up and sending it to its new home I thought……ya know, if I come across another one of these knives maybe I should put it through a review. Low and behold the Knife Gods heard my request….
Now, keep in mind….I DID NOT receive this knife from the factory. Nor did I receive this knife NEW! I received it in one of my lot purchases off ebay along with a few other knives.
I’ve been carrying this pocket clip knife for ohhhhhhh a couple months I’d say and am fairly impressed with it. For a clip-on- pocket folding frame-lock knife that has an overall (open) length of 6.5” it’ll handle most tasks a pocket knife is called on to handle.
I’ve cut cigar caps with this CRKT knife…….paper, and I’ve cut cardboard and even used pocket clip knife for batonning wood!
Details:
Blade Material: (High carbon) 8Cr1MoV (with gray titanium nitride finish)
Grind: Hollow
Overall Length: 6.5”
Closed Length: 3.75”
Weight: 3.1 ounces

TripleF – Fit, Finish & Functionality: 8.7
As far as the finish is concerned…..it’s slick. It’s on the money. No worries. Cuts fine.
The cut-out oval in the spine of the blade became second nature when opening, so I was happy with this one-hand opening/non-assist knife. You do have to move the blade to full lock because there is no spring.
The Pazoda has a framelock, which means, part of the frame slides under the tang of the blade when open to prevent the blade from closing. Locks up quite firmly!
Now sure why, but I’m not a big fan of serrated blades especially when there is so little cutting edge in 1 3” blade. Hey……who knows why it’s serrated, but it is.
Accessibility: 8.0
Knice for right handed tip-up carriers, but bah humbug if you are looking for a knife with options to carry. I will say, however, that as a right-handed carrier (almost sounds like some sort of disease carrying pigeon, doesn’t it?) that I found the accessibility fairly simple.

Collectibility: 0.00
Value: 10.00
I’m always game for an under $20.00 knife that does what it’s supposed to and looks cool. Especially if it can be opened with one hand.
Sharpening: 9.5
I used an old sharpening whetstone to touch up the edge and was please. I guess it’s because it’s a high carbon / stainless blade. No problems.

I gotta say I’m impressed!
Steel Sahlute !
Scott Rauber
Attachments
CRKT Columbia River Knife Tool Pazoda Knife Review (11).JPG
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
junebug

Re: CRKT PAZODA Knife Review

Post by junebug »

thanks & COOL LIL USER,BRO ::tu::

i like their traditional folder line ::nod::
"Because tellin' people , i like having a SPYDIEHOLE sounds sooo much better than a THUMBHOLE"
- Junebug 2016
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

welcome bug! ::nod:: ::handshake::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
PigSticker

Post by PigSticker »

Just bought a CRKT the other day to replace a Kershaw Clash I give away last month it's a bit smaller than a Clash--I actually wanted the larger model but screwed up and got the smaller one Lift Off II
NEVER DOUBT YOUR DAWG

Return to “General Knife Discussion”