REMINGTON CUTLERY COLLECTORS CLUB KNIFE

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
CTAYLORMAN

REMINGTON CUTLERY COLLECTORS CLUB KNIFE

Post by CTAYLORMAN »

I JUST RECIEVED MY MONTHLY MAGAZINE FROM SMKW AND IT ADVERTISED REMINGTON AS STARTING A NEW COLLECTORS CLUB THIS YEAR. THERE IS A NEW REMINGTON STAG SENATORS KNIFE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE AND IT COMES WITH A FREE ONE YEAR SUBSCRIPTION TO RCCC. I DIDNT HESITATE TO ORDER THE KNIFE BECAUSE REMINGTON IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE KNIVES TO COLLECT (IF NOT MY #1 FAVORITE) AND WAS EXCITED ABOUT THE NEW CUTLERY CLUB. I RECIEVED MY KNIFE JUST A COUPLE DAYS AGO AND I WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED AT THE QUALITY OF THE KNIFE. THE STAG HANDLES WERE OK BUT THE BLADES DIDNT SEEM TO BE VERY STRONG. IT ALMOST SEEMED AS IF THEY WERE MADE OUT OF A THICK "SHEET METAL" OR SOMETHING. I MEAN YOU CAN ACTUALLY BEND THE BLADES THEY ARE SO THIN. AS I SAID I AM A DIEHARD REMINGTON COLLECTOR AND I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT THE FIRST KNIFE PRODUCED FOR THEIR NEW CLUB WOULD BE SUCH POORLY MADE. HAS ANYONE ELSE ORDERED ONE OF THESE KNIVES? I AM USUALLY NOT VERY PICKY BUT THIS REALLY SURPRISED ME. BUT OF COURSE I WILL CONTINUE TO COLLECT THE "OLD" REMINGTONS AND HOPEFULLY IN THE FUTURE THERE WILL BE GOOD THINGS TO COME WITH REMINGTONS NEW CUTLERY CLUB
bookman451

Re: REMINGTON CUTLERY COLLECTORS CLUB KNIFE

Post by bookman451 »

I ordered one yesterday but, of course, have not yet received it yet. I am also an avid Remington collector and was very excited about this club. It is at least a USA made knife right? I will post when it comes in the mail. Can you post a pic of yours?
gmusic

Post by gmusic »

http://www.musicmadeknives.com

Rodger, (Rodger-50/2050), Bill (El Lobo), Johnny Fain (jonet143), Johnny Samples (Johnnyrotten),
Bill Price (CCBill)

Please feel free to contact any mod or admin with concerns.
CTAYLORMAN

Post by CTAYLORMAN »

Thanks bookman, the knife is USA Made or it has the circle remington Made In Usa tang stamp. It doesnt say anything about who produced it or anything else. I also didnt recieve any information from SMKW to confirm my free years membership to RCCC. I dont know if it is automatic or what but I intend on contacting SMKW to find out for sure that I am signed up. I hope future knives are produced of a higher quality. I am at work at the moment but I will post a pic of the knife this evening. Please let me know when you recieve your knife with your opinion of it. Thanks!
Vince Roberts

Post by Vince Roberts »

bookman451 wrote:I ordered one yesterday but, of course, have not yet received it yet. I am also an avid Remington collector and was very excited about this club. It is at least a USA made knife right? I will post when it comes in the mail. Can you post a pic of yours?
bookman451 - Did you receive your Remington? What are your thoughts on it?

CTAYLORMAN - If you are unhappy with it would it be possible to return it? I know that if I feel a knife ain't "right" I never do have a true "warm & fuzzy" for it and thus it never really occupies a prominent place in my collection or my pocket.
Fort Henry Custom Knives
http://www.forthenrycustomknives.com
needbucks

Post by needbucks »

I think the new USA Remingtons are now produced by Bear and Son. I know that at least some of them are. The recent Remington swing guards are exact duplicates to the ones Bear and Son produce.
A life without pocketknives is dull and pointless.
CTAYLORMAN

Post by CTAYLORMAN »

I "think" SMKW offers a refund on their items but not sure. I have no intention of returning the knife even though I wasnt totaly satisfied with it. As I said in my original message I am a diehard Remington collector and I guess with the announcement of the new cutlery club I was expecting something a little nicer. The handles are actually very nice but the blades are what I have a problem with. Ive never seen a knife built where the blades are so thin you can actually bend them. Actually it wasnt a bad deal because you also get one free years charter membership to Remingtons new cutlery club. I am still a Remington fan and I will continue to purchase Remington products in the future. Thanks to everyone for their input!
bookman451

Post by bookman451 »

Have not received it yet but will post the day it comes
bookman451

Post by bookman451 »

Got it today. seems OK to me, the blades do feel different than the bullets do. The handles are beautiful though. Incidentally, the free membership certificate was tucked into the rest of the knife paperwork.
Attachments
DSC_0049.JPG
DSC_0050.JPG
CTAYLORMAN

Post by CTAYLORMAN »

Thanks for the response, I also found my membership inside the other papers as well but forgot to mention it before. I actually didnt research the type of steel used on the blades but they just seemed a little "different" to me. Thanks again for your opinion. I always turn to AAPK when I am seeking someones opinion, inupt etc.etc. and I havent been let down yet. P.S. Oh, by the way Nice Knife!
Jingler

Post by Jingler »

Hey Ctaylorman; I recieved this same magazine with the same offer. I studied it for a long time. I was checking out the other knives in the new Remington line and nothing appealed to me (yet). I do like the senator pattern although the one they offer seems a bit large for my use. Are you going to keep this one as a user or a collectable? If you plan to use it, could you let us know how it is holding up after a couple of months or so? Thanks.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”