My first Schrade stockman repair

This forum is for those who like to repair and restore knives, and for those who would like to learn.
ea42

Re: My first Schrade stockman repair

Post by ea42 »

You can bend the spring to gain some snap too, just make sure you bend it just forward of the center pin hole, and not too much, a little goes a long way. You may have to re-grind the back a bit because the geometry might be thrown off, but it saves you the trouble of welding and grinding the spring. Trace the outline of the spring on some paper so you can gauge how much you're bending it.

Eric
gwelker62

Post by gwelker62 »

Look.... I'm trying to justify buying another welding machine. So don't be offering up any ideas that would be an alternatives to such. 8) ::nod::
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

gwelker62 wrote:Look.... I'm trying to justify buying another welding machine. So don't be offering up any ideas that would be an alternatives to such. 8) ::nod::
George I'm with you buddy. I think you need one of those 30k laser welders. Please report back! :D
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
gwelker62

Post by gwelker62 »

Oh wow Greg.... if'n I had one of them there laser welders... I'd be the coolest kid on the block! 8)

Return to “Knife Repair and Restoration”