Dale strikes again #2

This forum is for those who like to repair and restore knives, and for those who would like to learn.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Dale strikes again #2

Post by Colonel26 »

Here's the other knife that I sent along with the spey bladed Case XX Farmer's trapper. This is an old Ariel Cutlery large coke bottle that I bought at a gun show. From what I gather it originally would have probably had some sort of cell novelty scales. But when I bought it it looked like someone had removed them and glued paint stir sticks to the sides and colored them with a crayon!

Dale dressed up the blade and cut some slabs out of that piece of walnut stove wood that were right in a gnarly knot. She looks good now I think.

I'm really pleased with both knives. And yep, they'll both see some pocket time.

Here's some before and after. The before was in Janurary when I was still laid up from elbow surgery. So you can still see my propped up arm in the less than stellar picture.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Dale strikes again #2

Post by glennbad »

I think I like this on better than the Case. I have a hunter like that one, needs new covers also.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Same as #1 knife ::tu:: . Wade your goin' to have to get some cargo pants, the ones with all the pockets to carry all this pretty things!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Thanks guys. I'm right proud to have em.

Glenn this is my first Coke bottle Hunter. I've wanted one for a long time.

TF I don't need no cargo britches. I wear overalls. This one ought to ride well in a bib pocket.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee

Return to “Knife Repair and Restoration”