As the old saying goes....

This forum is for those who like to repair and restore knives, and for those who would like to learn.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

As the old saying goes....

Post by Colonel26 »

You ought to give people their flowers while they're living and not wait until they're gone. I just wanted to take a minute and brag on our fine knife mechanics here on aapk. I've not dealt with you all, but I'm sure this does apply to all of you.

I have knives that were either customized or repaired by Orvet, Elvis, and Glennbad. And I must say that each and every one of them are on the top of my favorites heap. Not only because of their superb workmanship, or the very reasonable prices charged for your talent and skill, but also because of respect for the men who've worked on them that I have.

Thank you gentlemen!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: As the old saying goes....

Post by TripleF »

Never heard that saying Wade, but you're right......we're rubbin' shoulders with gifted individuals who are down tight knice fellas too! ::nod:: ::tu::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I agree. The highest accolades for Dale, Glenn & Bob plus Rob (whitebuffalo58) and Shannon (Saw Filer).
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
just bob

Post by just bob »

He may be on the sideline for a while but I don't see how you can have any kind of list of knife repairmen on here and leave Kaleb - Muskrat Man from the list. He does super work and is an amazing talent.
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
wlf

Post by wlf »

I don't know Shannon,but as for Bob,Dale ,and Rob,they are top notch and fine gentlemen to boot,who have befriended me.I've eaten a fine cabbage dish at Bob's house. ::tu:: I consider all three good friends.

I have never spoken with Glen,but I expect the same of him,from all I've seen.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

just bob wrote:He may be on the sideline for a while but I don't see how you can have any kind of list of knife repairmen on here and leave Kaleb - Muskrat Man from the list. He does super work and is an amazing talent.

Quite right Bob! ::tu::
I had the pleasure of knowing Kaleb in another forum when we both started working on knives, about 10 years ago. I have seen him grow over the years as a person and as a knife mechanic. Because he is so young, I dare say that if he stays with it he will be better than all the rest of us combined. The young man is very talented at repairing knives! ::nod::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

“In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” - George Orwell
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

I'm just trying my best to be half the man the others mentioned are. Some truly nice people, would give you the shirts off their back, and have all shared their experience, information, (and spare parts) freely without any expectation of anything in return. If I only lived closer to some of you, we'd be toasting our good health on a regular basis.

I also knew Kaleb when he was still "wet behind the ears", but he has far surpassed me with his skill level.

I joined knife forums like AAPK because I like knives, always have. The evolution into being a knife mechanic just kind of happened, but has been truly rewarding for me as a person. The relationships and connections that I have with members through knives, especially working on family heirlooms and such, is both humbling and a tremendous honor. I am sure the other mechanics on this site must feel the same way!
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

These are the kind of posts that reflect the whole of the AAPK forum! ::tu::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

wlf wrote:I don't know Shannon,
Shannon (Saw Filer) is a young man that joined the forum in Jan. of 2012 and hung around posting for about six months and visited for another three. He was getting into knife repair and rehandled a couple of knives for me. Did an excellent job but just disappeared. Shame. Nice guy and had the makings of a great knife mechanic.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
junebug

Post by junebug »

::ds:: ::ds:: I AGREE.... GREAT GUYS 8)
"Because tellin' people , i like having a SPYDIEHOLE sounds sooo much better than a THUMBHOLE"
- Junebug 2016
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

I sure do enjoy looking at the knives ya'll fix. thx and more before & after pics please. ::tu::

Return to “Knife Repair and Restoration”