Rem 1306 bullet knife repair

This forum is for those who like to repair and restore knives, and for those who would like to learn.
mucmuc

Rem 1306 bullet knife repair

Post by mucmuc »

My original 1306 has a broken spring. I am getting the part from a gentleman on AAPK, but I have not found anyone yet that can repair the knife for me.
I am located in northern CA - is there anyone on AAPK that does those types of repairs in my area?
Thanks
mucmuc

Re: Rem 1306 bullet knife repair

Post by mucmuc »

OK - 41 folks looked at my question, but no one had an answer...maybe I need to open this up a little.
Does anyone know of any reputable knife repair place anywhere in the US?
Any help is much appreciated! There has got to be an AAPK member that’s good at knife repair as well right?
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

There are many fine mechanics on this site. I know Dale (Orvet) is on your coast, up in Oregon, and is a fine mechanic.

Kaleb (Muskrat Man) is not near you, but is another excellent knife mechanic. There are others here too, I don't mean to leave them out of the conversation, but I can personally vouch for either of these fine gentlemen.

You'd have to speak to them directly to see if they are available, or perhaps they will check into this thread.

Good luck.

Glenn
just bob

Post by just bob »

In Knife World there is a guy named Tom Abbott - 814-362-1590 from PA that does knife repair. He is retired from Case and does good work. If this doesn't work for you pm me and I'll give you the info on a guy in KY that likes to work on Remingtons.
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
muskrat man
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by muskrat man »

I can install the replacement spring but i'm backlogged a few months. Price would be very reasonable if you're not in a hurry.
Custom knives, repair, restoration & embellishment
Certified Hubertus, Taylor, & Schrade repairman past and present
http://www.muskratmanknives.com
https://www.facebook.com/Muskratmanknives
mucmuc

Post by mucmuc »

Thanks guys. I knew I could count on you ::tu::

Return to “Knife Repair and Restoration”