remington bone

This forum is for those who like to repair and restore knives, and for those who would like to learn.
wlf

remington bone

Post by wlf »

I believe I have a Remington 4 bld congress.The # matches the knife,except the handle material was listed different in Houston's book.Is there somewhere to buy bone, colored and jigged to accurately substitute Remington's Brown bone? Is it such as that you need to find an old knife and rob the handles?

I have an R 6073 that has never been sharpened,but had celluloid handles,also needs one or both backsprings.I'm collecting parts or actually just assessing the options.Here's the knife:

The funny thing is :there is the only stamp on any bld.All are blank except the one master with the R6073 stamp.The "3" in R6073 seems disfigured also?? Thoughts about any or all ?s
Attachments
DSCF2287.JPG
DSCF2292.JPG
DSCF2301.JPG
DSCF2302.JPG
DSCF2289.JPG
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
muskrat man
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: remington bone

Post by muskrat man »

I have not found a supplier for accurate antique bone scales such as remington used. Your best bet would be to find an old junker with good handles.
Custom knives, repair, restoration & embellishment
Certified Hubertus, Taylor, & Schrade repairman past and present
http://www.muskratmanknives.com
https://www.facebook.com/Muskratmanknives
wlf

Re: remington bone

Post by wlf »

muskrat man wrote:I have not found a supplier for accurate antique bone scales such as remington used. Your best bet would be to find an old junker with good handles.
Thanks
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle

Return to “Knife Repair and Restoration”