First Rebuild Imperial Scout

This forum is for those who like to repair and restore knives, and for those who would like to learn.
whitebuffalo58

Re: First Rebuild Imperial Scout

Post by whitebuffalo58 »

Thanks Jammer, the thought had occured to me that I was being a little over ambitious taking on a 4-blader. But then I figured what the heck, if I can tackle this one, the rest should come easier. Nothin' like the thrill of divin' head first into unknown waters. ::facepalm::
Glenn, you and Dale are probably right, I must have lost or missed somethin' or it was worn away before I took the knife apart. I didn't take notice of it being a problem before I disassembled it, so I can't say for sure. I could probably fix it, if I could get the punch blade bent towards the liner, but that sounds like a risky proposition. I'll most likely just leave it and chalk it up to a learnin' experience. I do have a problem in that area though, I can't never seem to leave well enough alone. It's hard to have had everything else work out so well and to have this one little problem. It's kinda like finding a loose thread on a sweater, you know you shouldn't pull on it, but... ::dang::

Return to “Knife Repair and Restoration”