Eldred Cutlery

This forum is dedicated to the discussion and display of old knives. The rich history of all the many companies that made them through the early years will be found here as well as many fine examples of the cutlers art. Share pictures of your old knives and your knowledge here!
PA Knives
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: Eldred Cutlery

Post by PA Knives »

Thanks guys, you all have revived my appreciation for this forum and OLD knives. ::tu:: I was beginning to think I was a loner. ::huff:: Now I know there are plenty of us out there. :D

Buckeye "you had two Eldred's" OMG, man ::facepalm:: I hope that Honda is awesome, I waited years just to own this relic of a knife. You let 2 go.!!!!!!!!!! ::shrug::

Isn't this a great hobby. ::handshake:: We learn everyday. ::ds::
Multiple Contributions to Knife Magazine ,
Author of "Great Eastern Cutlery: An American Tradition, the History of the Northfield & Tidioute Brands" & "Tidioute: A Town With an Edge"
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

PA Knives wrote: Post a photo of colonial rocket ship knife and every one and his brother oooh's and aww's over it. I post detailed photos of an historical piece and I get one comment. I guess us lovers of old knives are getting few and far between.
:lol: :lol: Ain`t that the truth David ::nod::

Very few collectors appreciated the very rare historical knives.

I really like it ::tu:: ::drool:: Thanks for posting it :D
AAPK Janitor
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

::woot:: ROCKET SHIP KNIFE!!!!

Showme showme showme.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just kiddin Dave. I'm enjoying the education.

Phil
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
pcktknf1

Post by pcktknf1 »

David, I found the Eldred knife in an antique store in Michigan following the Wolverine Show in February. I suspected it came out of the Platt's factory, but really couldn't find any info on it. It was in my roll at the Parker Show earlier this month and I traded it off to someone I knew would find a good home for it. It's the only Eldred I've ever seen. I'm happy to know where it wound up. Mike
Owd Wullie

Post by Owd Wullie »

It's a sweetheart David.

Had my internet been working, I'd have seen it sooner than tonite, and said something. ::tounge::

Keep the oldies coming. ::tu::
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.
cattaraugus57

Post by cattaraugus57 »

That is a true beauty and a rare find!..I need to win the lottery and gain some luck!
The bone is in fantastic condition for being that old,well taken care of. ::nod::

trail, thanks for the great link,I hadn't seen that site before now,great pictures!
"whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government"
Jacknifeben

Post by Jacknifeben »

This is my oldest knife. Levine says 1780-1827. Jonathon Crookes with a heart and pistol tang stamp.
Attachments
MVC-016S.JPG
MVC-016S.JPG (34.16 KiB) Viewed 2730 times
MVC-017S.JPG
MVC-017S.JPG (28.81 KiB) Viewed 2730 times
MVC-018S.JPG
MVC-018S.JPG (33.56 KiB) Viewed 2730 times
cattaraugus57

Post by cattaraugus57 »

Wow jacknife! The condition is amasing for its age.
That's a real piece of history,thanks for showing it.
Here's my oldest and it looks it too!...
T.Smith & co..1787-1800
Attachments
T smith.JPG
T smith2.JPG
"whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government"
PA Knives
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by PA Knives »

Now those are some AWESOME OLD KNIVES. I just love seeing these pictures. Keep em coming boys.
Multiple Contributions to Knife Magazine ,
Author of "Great Eastern Cutlery: An American Tradition, the History of the Northfield & Tidioute Brands" & "Tidioute: A Town With an Edge"
olderdogs1

Post by olderdogs1 »

Reviving and old thread. Just picked up this Eldred Cutlery Co 3 5/8" bone knife. As I understand it when W R Case merged with Platts around 1905 the workers that stayed in Eldred opened this company up for a short while. This one is not in the best condition but I still like it.

Thanks for looking! ::tu::

Tom
Attachments
013.JPG
015.JPG
019.JPG
016.JPG
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »