RCC knives

This forum is dedicated to the discussion and display of old knives. The rich history of all the many companies that made them through the early years will be found here as well as many fine examples of the cutlers art. Share pictures of your old knives and your knowledge here!
mykle34

RCC knives

Post by mykle34 »

I have a Robeson knife from 1922 to 1939. It is a twin blade with steel constrction and stage handle. Any ideas what this item might bring on the market?
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: RCC knives

Post by Miller Bro's »

Hi,

We will need clear pictures. The tang stamp, front and back. ::nod::

M.B.
AAPK Janitor
mykle34

Post by mykle34 »

RCC knife 004.JPG
RCC knife 005.JPG
I'm not sure if these attachments made it. Please let me know. Also my camera is not good enough that I could get a shot of the tang, but it has "Robeson" on the top then "SureEdge" in the center in cursive and then "Rochester" under that. Please let me know if you need additional info. Thanks
blademaker

Post by blademaker »

Hey Mykle
Got one like it, not an expert by no means, but carried mine a few days ago and thought I'd throw in a pic, love the feel of old knives. Know what ya mean about sorry pics, my good camera got toasted by Mexico's humidity ::dang::
Think the handles are wood though, ::shrug:: and no idea of the value......,but I like yours better ::tu:: wanna trade.....just kidding..... welcome to AAPK. Craig
Attachments
old rcc.jpg
RobesonsRme.com

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Nice.
The handles are bone on both the above knives. Both knives pre-date WWII.
$50.00-$75.00 on the one that started this thread.
The one with the sheepfoot master, however, is the rarer knife. I don't have one with the "RCC" bolster. Mine is post WWII.
Charlie Noyes
http://www.RobesonsRme.com
Attachments
521179B.jpg
521179B.jpg (11.3 KiB) Viewed 2800 times
521178-SBB.jpg
521178-SBB.jpg (11.23 KiB) Viewed 2800 times
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
blademaker

Post by blademaker »

Charlie,
After looking at mine closer,through the scatches, dings and dirt, it is bone. Robeson surely didn't make one with wood handles, as it doesn't hold up as well as bone. Thanks for the info
I looked over your knives at your site, and loved every minute....museum quality!! I can relate to the wooden cigar box, but can bet mine doesn't hold a candle to what yours did. Thanks again Craig
mykle34

Post by mykle34 »

Thanks a bunch for the replies! I have another knife with wooden handles. It's a folder with one blade and it's around 2.5" long closed. I can't really make out what the tang says but it starts with HOWA__. The letters are in a banner with a circle in the center. Any ideas? Mike
Attachments
Olde knife 003.JPG
Olde knife 001.JPG

Return to “Knife Lore - Traditional Knives From the Old Days”