Brent Harp - Protege of Bob Loveless Passes Away

This forum is for discussing and sharing pictures of anything that relates to fixed blade knives.
rexstubbins

Brent Harp - Protege of Bob Loveless Passes Away

Post by rexstubbins »

How small this world is. Although I am not a huge fixed blade collector I do know of Bob Loveless knives as I suspect many collectors do. I work for a logistics company and have three women that work for me. One of them is a retired Riverside Sheriff. Yesterday our UPS driver came in to deliver a package and (We'll call her Karen as I am bound by company rules to keep work and personal separate) accepted the package. The UPS driver mentioned to Karen that Brent Harp passed away. She was confused about how the UPS driver knew Brent and he stated that he knew only of him through one of my other workers. It turns out that Brent was Karen's supervisor at the San Bernadino Sheriff's Department. Karen mentioned this to me and I of course told her that I knew of Bob's knives because I was a collector however did not realized that Brent was a protege and knife maker that apprenticed under Bob.

Just one of those strange occurrences that happens every once in a while that makes you take notice that we are all a little connected.

As info here is Brent's obit: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/ivdail ... =183008141

Another article about Brent and how he started his apprenticeship with Bob: https://sites.google.com/site/brentharp ... he-protege
Doug

The words vintage and antique are vague. Actually most words are vague. Even the word vague is vague.
Pocket Knife Art
XX Case XX

Re: Brent Harp - Protege of Bob Loveless Passes Away

Post by XX Case XX »

Thanks for sharing.

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
deltaboy

Re: Brent Harp - Protege of Bob Loveless Passes Away

Post by deltaboy »

Rest in Peace .
Keep Near the Cross.

Return to “Fixed Blade Knives”