Working a 225Q

This forum is for discussing and sharing pictures of anything that relates to fixed blade knives.
steve99f

Working a 225Q

Post by steve99f »

The weather front going through brought down a 4 inch limb from a walnut tree on the property boundary. Used the Cat 225Q to take off the smaller limbs, often with one stroke. Very effective for this kind of work.
Attachments
tree limb 1.JPG
tree limb 2.JPG
tree limb 3.JPG
steve99f
FRJ

Re: Working a 225Q

Post by FRJ »

Nice old Catt. Neat pictures. ::tu::
Joe
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Nice old Catt!

Steve those old Cat 225Q's are true work horses. I have one that goes with me whenever I am spending time in the woods. As you know they can take the place of a hatchet and even drive a tent stake with the heavy pommel. Great camp knives. I have it on good authority that Cattaraugus produced in the vicinity of 2 million of these knives in the WWII era. They are great users and still can be found at moderate prices.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
steve99f

Post by steve99f »

Thanks for looking guys. I had my doubts before starting but the blade sharpens nicely and is heavy enough. The blade stock has to be near 0.1875 in thick on a 6 inch blade. Anything 1/2 inch and under, 1 swipe. 1 inch plus took a few strokes.

I picked mine up recently at one of those antique malls with an original sheath for not much money. I think there are a lot of survivors from that 2 million Wayne, they aren't hard to find. A great knife.
steve99f
Brian Battaglia

Post by Brian Battaglia »

Think I may need one of those...Sweet!
steve99f

Post by steve99f »

Welcome to AAPK Brian.

If you are looking for some one to talk you out of it, you came to the wrong place. ::groove::
steve99f

Return to “Fixed Blade Knives”