FT/S: Folders and a whittling book

Have knives or knife related items for sale or for trade? Premium subscribers are welcomed to post them here. Feel free to plug your AAPK knife store or eBay listings as well. Make sure to check out the items our club members have for sale if you are looking to buy.
coffeecup

FT/S: Folders and a whittling book

Post by coffeecup »

I've got a hand-full of folders (and one book I'm throwing in here) for trade or sale. Figure that all of them will need a bit of cleaning, and show signs of previous use/sharpening/etc. Trade offers welcome--I'm bored and haven't had a good knife trade in a while. Cash prices don't include shipping, which should run about $5 via USPS Priority, whether you take one or all (if you're outside the US, contact me and we'll figure something out). Payment via Paypal or USPS.

Brand-wise, I collect Western brands (Western States, Western, Westco, West-Co, Westaco, etc) and Western SFOs, but I'm open to most brands. Pattern-wise, I tend to like jackknives, stockmans, trappers, muskrats, barlows, etc. I'm not a fan of "mint" knives, I want stuff I can use without worrying.

Camillus 179 stockman: 3 7/8" long, stainless, delrin covers with shield missing, blades scratched from sharpening, good pull on all three blades. $25 plus shipping

Camillus 64 stockman: about 3 3/8" long, with black composition covers. Springs are a bit sluggish, blades worn, one cover is held on by only the middle pin (the others having broken). Not something for the collection, but it might make an interesting project, or a parts knife. $10 plus shipping.

Case 62033 pen knife. About 2 11/16" long, delrin covers. Blade is stamped "CASE XX" over "USA". I don't see any dots but they might be there (I'm really not sure what I'd be looking for). Good snap on both blades, with no wobble or blade play. Needs cleaning and sharpening, of course. $35 plus shipping

Shell-handled Barlow. Standard Barlow size (roughly 3 3/8" or a tad more). Not sure of the maker, tang marked only "USA". Good snap, needs cleaning and sharpening. $10 plus shipping

Western "scout" or "camp knife". Western called this a "camp knife." Stainless blades, delrin covers. Blade is marked "WESTERN BOULDER COLO MADE IN USA" in three lines on the front, and "901 STAINLESS CAMPER" on the back. The springs are a little soft on this one, and the punch is slightly tipped. Needs cleaning etc, but the edge could be just touched up (I used this one a few years ago as my "demonstration model" of the functions and uses of a scout knife.) $25 plus shipping.

Western single blade trapper. Trapper sized (4 1/8") single stainless blade but with no liner lock as this pattern usually has. Blade is marked "WESTERN U.S.A. S-693 D" in three lines. Delrin covers, missing the shield, good snap to the blade. $25 plus shipping.

Western stockman. Length is 4" (plus-or-minus 1/16", depending on where you measure!). Blade is marked "WESTERN BOULDER COLO MADE IN USA" with the pattern number (742) marked on the back. Delrin covers. Spey blade is marked concave ground. The knife was cleaned prior to my purchase: not a terribly bad job but there is a touch of rounding on the blades, and pits/watermarks remain on blades and springs. Too bad, because the blades are full or nearly so, with good springs and no play. $25 plus shipping

Book Whittling and Woodcarving. Everything you didn't learn from your grandpa about whittling, whether you want to carve chains and caged balls, or get into caricatures and even figural sculpture. $10 plus shipping (this can go Media Mail for a couple dollars, or fit in with a knife in a USPS Priority box.)

Thanks for looking!
Jim
gino

Re: FT/S: Folders and a whittling book

Post by gino »

Jim, PM sent on the Case pen knife
-( life is too short to carry a cheap knife )-
coffeecup

Post by coffeecup »

Reply sent. The Case is on hold pending negotiations.
coffeecup

Post by coffeecup »

The Case pen knife is again available. The Western barlow has been traded off locally.

Reasonable offers will be considered on the remaining knives.

Jim
coffeecup

Post by coffeecup »

Book is traded

Return to “Knives for Sale or Trade”