I*XL

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
stockman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

I*XL

Post by stockman »

Nice 3 3/8" looks unused was curious about the age, handle material, value. Posted in general forum had no replays.
So trying here. Pictures should enlarge.

Harold
Attachments
img516.jpg
img517.jpg
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: I*XL

Post by djknife13 »

Harold, I looked at your post in the other thread and came back to see if you got any responses because I don't know how to date IXL very well. I have a number of them and some I know are very old but ones like yours I guess at for my records. For what my opinion is worth (Not all that much) I guess your knife would be around the 50's and maybe a little newer. It could be older but I doubt it. They are all very good quality. The scale material, I would be guessing at too and I don't think it is bone but again I could be wrong. I would guess Stag and lean toward second cut stag. I'll watch to see if someone smarter blows my opinions out of the water. Nice knife no matter what it is. ___Dave
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

I don't know much about I*XL either, but I really like that one! ::tu::
I too will be watching to see if we have an I*XL expert here. ::nod::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Mason

Post by Mason »

Wostenholm starting using "Imitation Stag" handles prior to WWII which were very similar to the hard rubber stag type handles used on LF&C knives.
Your knife most likely dates to the 1950s or 1960s as you thought and enclosed is a similar example from C. 1950.
Attachments
Wostenholm pen knife c. 1950 .jpg

Return to “European-made knives”