Help identify shell puller

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
montemojo

Help identify shell puller

Post by montemojo »

This one has buffalo horn handles. It has shell puller for 20 and 24 ga. The best I can make out on the is: in an arch a word ending with the letters Attila then under the arch a word ending with solone.and under that in a downward arch the letters hass
She'll puller
She'll puller
wiseguy

Re: Help identify shell puller

Post by wiseguy »

Italian knife from Frosolone not ( solone) some of the mark must be worn, Attila ?? these were marked several different ways. Nice knife!
montemojo

Post by montemojo »

Would you have an idea how old this one is?
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

Very interesting little knife! Most of the shell pullers I have seen were for 12 and 16 gauge shells.Don't recall ever seeing a 24 gauge shell before;must be early European.Nice catch!
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
montemojo

Post by montemojo »

Shell puller
Shell puller
Thanks for the info wiseguy. I also know nothing about a 24ga. I noticed that the 24ga. side is a little larger than the 20ga. side. Here's another pic of the tang
1fartsmella
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by 1fartsmella »

Looks to me like the second and third line read FROSOLONE CAMPOBASSO. The first line is likely the makers name.
Barry
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

montemojo wrote:20160716_130102.jpgThanks for the info wiseguy. I also know nothing about a 24ga. I noticed that the 24ga. side is a little larger than the 20ga. side. Here's another pic of the tang
It may be an optical illusion as the 24 gauge should be smaller than the 20. I did a little research and found that the 24 gauge is still being made in Italy by one or two manufacturers. The shells are only 2 9/16ths inches long and are only made by one company still. Apparently small bore guns are still popular in Europe;especially Italy.Combination guns(rifle and shotgun barrels side by side or over/under)have always been popular. Personally I like big bore guns(12 gauge).The first gun I ever fired(at the age of 12)was an Ithaca 10 gauge double.Damn near broke my shoulder and gave me a healthy respect for firearms.
montemojo

Post by montemojo »

Thanks for the info 1fartsmella I hope that should help me find the makers name. Knife7knut, I thought it was odd that the 24ga. looks larger. I will put some micrometers on it to see. I like the larger gauges also. I once shot a 10ga Browning pump about 15 years ago. It didn't kick as bad as I thought. But did a lot of damage to the old plastic igloo cooler. That was impressive. The worst 2 shotguns I've fired as far as kicking my shoulder was a 16ga plastic stock made in ww2. They used plastic instead of wood due to the war from what I was told. I have an Ithaca mod 37 12ga. with no pad on the buttstock. Man that thing punishes me when I slam fire the thing. Thanks for everything fellas I knew I could count on aapk for help. I'm sure my collection's not as good as many of the knife collection's you'll find in here but I am always looking for knives everywhere I go and asking everyone I meet if they have or know of any old knives. Thanks again I knew I could count on the people at AAPK

Monte
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

Lots of 10 gauge guns around here;mostly goose guns.Canadian geese number in the THOUSANDS on just about any body of water that is reasonable in size(bigger than a puddle).My friend's German Short Hair gets a real workout during the season.
I had a 16 gauge single(H&R I think)that was a real arm breaker.Got rid of it years ago.Still have my favorite;a left handed Remington 1100 with 26 and 30 inch barrels.Must have run 10,000 rounds through it when I was trap shooting with never a problem.Also have a Savage model 69XTR with an 18 1/4" barrel for,"unlawful entry discouragement" loaded with #4 buck. "If ya can hit em somewhere between the head and the crotch they aint gonna give you any trouble" so sayeth a good friend in law enforcement.
Used to be into big bore handguns but they're too hard to control. Had a S&W Model 29 in .44mag with a 10 5/8ths inch barrel(only made for a couple years)and 4 way adjustable sights.Used by a friend for hunting sheep in Colorado and sighted in for 200 yards.Couldn't carry it in a holster(had a custom side break made for it and the barrel dug into my thigh when carried.Forget about a hip holster;the thing weighed nearly 6 lbs.
My last big bore was a single action Phelps with an 8 1/2" barrel(normal size was 12")chambered for .45/70. I shot 3 rounds out of it(it held five)and put it up for sale.Looked like a Colt .45 on steroids.
My everyday carry now is a Detonics Mk1 .45. Colt patterned their Officer's Model after it. Detonics bought 1911 frames and cut them down to hold 6 rounds(if you look close you can see the weld)and made their own barrel and slide. Instead of a barrel bushing like a Colt they use a tapered barrel.they also eliminated the grip safety. Basically a .45 you can put in your back pocket.
If I ever find one I would like to get a Randall .45 left hand model. Very rare and expensive.
montemojo

Post by montemojo »

Knife7knut, I like the Remington 1100's especially the U.S
. made one's don't own one though one is willed to me 16ga Japan made. My current carry side arm is an ugly yet dependable glock model 32 I like the 357 Sig round I have a Kimber custom cdp 45 really sweet shooter. Cost too much to carry everyday.afraid it might be stolen by a criminal or the government. Kinda hard to tell them apart nowadays. For a deep concealed protection I like the S&W 38 snub nose hammerless of course. I had a nice one that was stolen by a crazy girl freind.now she's gone too. I am currently looking for one to take its place. The S&W that is not the girl I believe I am done with that. Unless I find one that has more knives than I do. As for me, women are for looking at. That's where I draw the line. Have a great day and God bless all

Monte

Return to “European-made knives”