Cutino letter opener/folding knife

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Cutino letter opener/folding knife

Post by edge213 »

This is a letteropener/folding knife. Tang stamp is CUTINO CO over GERMANY. On the handle is Vermingo THE WORRELL MFG. Co. ST. LOUIS U.S.A. I believe Vermingo was an insecticide made bt the Worrell Co. I can't seem to find much on Cutino. The handle appears to be blued steel. I did find a couple of Cutino knives on AAPK but they were Kansas City. I would appreciate any info.
Attachments
20140730_124531.jpg
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
dcgm4

Re: Cutino letter opener/folding knife

Post by dcgm4 »

Cutino Company operated in Kansas City from 1922 to 1935. They sold both domestic and imported cutlery with their name on it. According to Goins' Cutino bought the entire cutlery stock of of Pape-Thiebes Cutlery Co. of St. Louis, MO in 1922. That may be why the advertisement is for a St. Louis-based business even though Cutino was in Kansas City. Or maybe the Worrell Mfg. Co. just ordered some advertising knives from Cutino.
Dave

Always looking for vintage knives with Virginia, Maryland, or Washington D.C. tang stamps. Any condition.
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Cutino letter opener/folding knife

Post by edge213 »

dcgm4 wrote:Cutino Company operated in Kansas City from 1922 to 1935. They sold both domestic and imported cutlery with their name on it. According to Goins' Cutino bought the entire cutlery stock of of Pape-Thiebes Cutlery Co. of St. Louis, MO in 1922. That may be why the advertisement is for a St. Louis-based business even though Cutino was in Kansas City. Or maybe the Worrell Mfg. Co. just ordered some advertising knives from Cutino.
Thanks Dave, lets continue this on the Knives Related Q&A where I reposted.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf

Return to “European-made knives”