Need Help With a Clasp Knife

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
dcgm4

Need Help With a Clasp Knife

Post by dcgm4 »

I picked up this knife recently, and I'm hoping someone here can tell me more about it. It looks to be European in origin. Based on the letters of the blade stamp I think the knife might have been made in Hungary or some nearby country. Anyone have any thoughts on this one like age or country of manufacture?
Attachments
Clasp.JPG
Clasp2.JPG
Clasp3.JPG
Dave

Always looking for vintage knives with Virginia, Maryland, or Washington D.C. tang stamps. Any condition.
Capt. Farrel

Re: Need Help With a Clasp Knife

Post by Capt. Farrel »

You´re right about it. It´s a typical Hungarian pattern and the stamp looks Hungarian as well.
Frank

OMG, it´s knives again!
dcgm4

Post by dcgm4 »

Thanks, Frank. ::handshake:: Is there any way to figure out when it was made, or is it one of those knives that are really hard to date because they've made them basically the same way for a long time?
Dave

Always looking for vintage knives with Virginia, Maryland, or Washington D.C. tang stamps. Any condition.
junebug

Post by junebug »

nice knife!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

here one spyderco just put out.......(maybe someone can post pic for me,i only can link it??? ::shrug:: )

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spyderco-Hungar ... 4d219ff2f7
"Because tellin' people , i like having a SPYDIEHOLE sounds sooo much better than a THUMBHOLE"
- Junebug 2016
Capt. Farrel

Post by Capt. Farrel »

dcgm4 wrote:Thanks, Frank. ::handshake:: Is there any way to figure out when it was made, or is it one of those knives that are really hard to date because they've made them basically the same way for a long time?
Your right Dave, they are still making them like this in Hungary.
Frank

OMG, it´s knives again!
dcgm4

Post by dcgm4 »

junebug wrote:nice knife!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

here one spyderco just put out.......(maybe someone can post pic for me,i only can link it??? ::shrug:: )

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spyderco-Hungar ... 4d219ff2f7
That Spyderco is really cool! Thanks for posting that link, junebug. ::handshake::
Capt. Farrel wrote:Your right Dave, they are still making them like this in Hungary.
Oh well. Its true age will just have to remain a mystery. Thanks for all your help with this one, Frank. :)
Dave

Return to “European-made knives”