Henckels Forum ?

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
kootenay joe

Henckels Forum ?

Post by kootenay joe »

There are many brand specific forums here, but not for J.A.Henckels who were to Solingen what Jos. Rodgers was to Sheffield, the best of all cutlery manufacturers.
Henckels stopped making folding knives in 1960 (ref. BRL). Since then all folding knives marked "J.A.Henckels" have been made for Henckels by other knife manufacturers. The Henckels made knives are superior and are the real collectibles here.
It can be a challenge to differentiate the early contract knives (1960-1970 ??) from the Henckels made knives as these were still Henckels' patterns. Sometime 'later' the contract knives for Henckels became the manufacturer's patterns with a Henckels stamping.
I mention the above as one reason why a dedicated Henckels forum would be helpful. In addition they made the widest range of cutlery of any company ever worldwide with catalogs in the thousands of pages as well as making exquisite knives.
Is there support for creating a dedicated J.A.Henckels forum ?
If there is support what would be the process to accomplish this?
Having said all this i sure hope there is not already a Henckels forum here that i somehow missed.
kj
wiseguy

Re: Henckels Forum ?

Post by wiseguy »

Well all righty then , lets get this party started......old knife, brass liners and #4 on the release lever
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Here are a couple to add.

At one time I owned 2 different stag handled Puma 8 steak knife sets. Although the Puma sets were quite rare I sold them and kept this Henckels set. It was obvious to me where the quality was.

Henckels gents knife measures 3 1/4" closed. Gun metal type handles with nice relief gold leaf hunting scene.

Henckels tiny folding pen knife measures just 2 inches closed.
Attachments
IMG_3324.JPG
IMG_3327.JPG
IMG_3328.JPG
IMG_3331.JPG
IMG_3332.JPG
DSC07963.JPG
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Wayne your metal handle multiblade with the superb pointer dog scene is most attractive. I would 'adopt' it any time. Usually the handle 'etches' ? get worn off at least in part.
My query was about a dedicated Henckels forum rather than tucked in here along with many other threads.
Whom might i contact about getting this set up ?
kj
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

KJ , Bryan is the creator and owner of the AAPK site. He's been very willing to create new sub forums for a variety of knife brands. I'd suggest you send him a Private Message with your request. :)
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Bryan has always been responsive to requests of a new forum.
I will start a thread in the European And Other Foreign Manufactured Knives forum just to see if we can get a couple dozen folks interested in a Henckels forum.

You can let your opinion be heard here: http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/kni ... 30&t=49093
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan

Return to “European-made knives”