Possible Knife Storage Chest

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
deo-pa
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Possible Knife Storage Chest

Post by deo-pa »

I spotted this chest on Facebook. It’s advertised as a case for fly fishermen but would make a nice storage option for a smaller knife collection. I inquired and is 13 x 23 x 12. Located in Hazelton, PA. Asking $125 but listed as negotiable.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/i ... 2501062426

Dennis
Attachments
IMG_0634.jpeg
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Possible Knife Storage Chest

Post by philco »

Looks like it would get the job done quite nicely. ::tu::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

That case would certainly accommodate a smaller group of folders, and is quite similar to the models they sell at Harbour Freight/$169.00.
I like the glass top since it allows you to see at least a few of your knives, whereas all the rest are hidden in the drawers.
Nice set-up!!
8)
8)
tvic
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by tvic »

You can get this one from Harbor Freight for $85 - cheaper and more storage. I have one and love it!
Attachments
IMG_3573.jpeg
Tim
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.” - Ronald Reagan
ken98k
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by ken98k »

I had 3 of these cabinets but no room for them anywhere. They would have been Ideal for a knife collection and expandable.
https://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/H- ... OAQAvD_BwE
I am the NRA.
Let's go Brandon!
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

tvic wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:41 pm You can get this one from Harbor Freight for $85 - cheaper and more storage. I have one and love it!
Damn, Tim, last time those drawers were discussed they were $169.00, so to now have them selling for 1/2 that amount makes them that much more painful to look at since they won't ship them to me!!! ::facepalm::
8)
8)
tvic
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by tvic »

That stinks, Marco! No Harbor Freight in Canada then, right?
Actually, I think there is some confusion about price because there are different companies selling this cabinet or cabinets that are very similar in looks to this one….and you’re right. The typical price has been $169.00 - or even higher! However, to the best of my knowledge, Harbor Freight has always had this under $90 - at least since I bought mine 3 years ago.
Tim
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.” - Ronald Reagan
tvic
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by tvic »

Only two of the small drawers come with dividers, so I made dividers for the rest of the drawers. I just use the top part for odds and ends, but I can get 60 knives in the six small drawers and two large drawers.
Attachments
IMG_3575.jpeg
IMG_3575.jpeg (67.26 KiB) Viewed 2057 times
IMG_3576.jpeg
IMG_3576.jpeg (47.73 KiB) Viewed 2057 times
Tim
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

That's right, Tim, no H/F in Canada and so far I haven't found any stores that are similar.

I've found all sorts of cabinets and cabinet/drawer combinations, but with the least expensive coming in at around $400. and my need for 4 or 5 of them has put them out of my range for the time being. Perhaps when I'm finished with buying knives and can concentrate more on displaying/storing them will I take that plunge.

I've spotted a few possibilities at Etsy, but they're not really what I want so I've held off on getting any.

I saw them at a risky overseas site for $39., and one can just imagine what would be in THAT box, if it arrived at all! ::facepalm::

My current arrangement is satisfactory for now, and is much improved from how I originally displayed my accumulations, but I can't view them as much as I'd like so I'll keep on searching.
8)
8)
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

Madmarco wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:51 pm That's right, Tim, no H/F in Canada and so far I haven't found any stores that are similar.

I've found all sorts of cabinets and cabinet/drawer combinations, but with the least expensive coming in at around $400. and my need for 4 or 5 of them has put them out of my range for the time being. Perhaps when I'm finished with buying knives and can concentrate more on displaying/storing them will I take that plunge.

I've spotted a few possibilities at Etsy, but they're not really what I want so I've held off on getting any.

I saw them at a risky overseas site for $39., and one can just imagine what would be in THAT box, if it arrived at all! ::facepalm::

My current arrangement is satisfactory for now, and is much improved from how I originally displayed my accumulations, but I can't view them as much as I'd like so I'll keep on searching.
8)
Sportsman's Guide has this line, and does offer shipping to Canada on some items...

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product ... ?a=2049704
espn77

Post by espn77 »

The style chests are super cool in my opinion. I restored one a couple months ago.
Attachments
20230925_130358.jpg
20230925_125745.jpg
20230925_124902.jpg
tvic
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by tvic »

I REALLY LIKE THAT, ESPN!

Just saw this one today. Looks like a pretty good deal.
https://www.amazon.com/5-Drawer-Desk-Or ... VH28&psc=1
Tim
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

glennbad wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:33 pm
Madmarco wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:51 pm That's right, Tim, no H/F in Canada and so far I haven't found any stores that are similar.

8)
Sportsman's Guide has this line, and does offer shipping to Canada on some items...

Thanks for the link, Glenn.
I guess someone else mentioned those cabinets to me previously, cuz I followed your link and found I have an account set-up with the SMG.com site already.
I'll take a good look and see if I can find something suitable.
They carry a model I like that I've only seen at Harbour Freight, so if the shipping charges are reasonable I might pick-up a couple.
Thx again!
8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

tvic wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:48 pm I REALLY LIKE THAT, ESPN!

Just saw this one today. Looks like a pretty good deal.
https://www.amazon.com/5-Drawer-Desk-Or ... VH28&psc=1
Yep, those models at Amazon I'm sure would be suitable, Tim, problem is they're all closed in so viewing my knives would continue to be troublesome.
I've been searching for just the right storage/display cabinet/drawers long enough, I'm certain I'll find something ideal soon!
8)
8)
tvic
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by tvic »

Marco, I picked up one of those glass curio cabinets with a light in the top and mirror on the back to display knives at an estate sale. I don’t have the space to display all my knives, so I enjoy switching them around once in awhile - put some back in the drawers and put some different ones out.
Tim
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

espn77 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:56 pm The style chests are super cool in my opinion. I restored one a couple months ago.

Looks awesome, and I love that etched H-T-T. 😻
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

glennbad wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:33 pm

I picked my 3 piece set up from them when they had free shipping. It's Chinese, but looks fine and helps me keep a bunch of knives organized. ::nod::👍

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

1967redrider wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:40 pm
espn77 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:56 pm The style chests are super cool in my opinion. I restored one a couple months ago.

John!
This is driving me crazy! I keep going back to look, but for the life of me I cannot find an H-T-T etch ANYWHERE in espn's posted pictures, kindly tell me where you're seeing it?
Thx!
8)
8)
Waukonda
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Waukonda »

Madmarco wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:59 am

John!
This is driving me crazy! I keep going back to look, but for the life of me I cannot find an H-T-T etch ANYWHERE in espn's posted pictures, kindly tell me where you're seeing it?
Thx!
8)
Mark, pretty sure that John is referring to the trapper in the middle picture, shield is etched HTT.
Ike
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Ah ha!
Thanks, Ike, it's no wonder I couldn't see it!
8)
8)
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Madmarco wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:59 am

John!
Thx!
8)

If my memory is correct, it's a Remington Hunter-Trader-Trapper. 🤔
Attachments
Screenshot_20231129_212817_Edge.jpg

1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Check this out and get ready to drool. ::drool::

https://allaboutpocketknives.com/knife_ ... hp?t=62618

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

::drool:: ::drool:: ::drool::
You said it, John!
It seems you were talking about the actual knife, whereas Ike suggested you were referring to the etch on the shield of the knife on the opposite side of the drawer.
Your explanation makes more sense to me since even after Ike pointed this out to me I had to enlarge the picture and squint to be able to even see it!
Thx for clearing this up! ::handshake::
8)
8)
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Not in most of our budgets, but do an Ebay search for “antique flat file cabinet”

They would not let me copy and paste to here.
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks for the head's-up, RR, I'll check it out! ::handshake::
8)
8)

Return to “General Knife Discussion”