American Blade

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Alabamadan

Re: American Blade

Post by Alabamadan »

[quote="chetr1200c"]ala/dan your right, it isn't american blade. its american knife co. germany. and dimitri they are bone scales. very similar to this one on ebay. i bought this in mint condition from bigden about 3 months ago on one of our thursdays auction. i bought it because no one else would venture a bid to take it. i was the only bid. now i know why.
the one here on ebay says the blades look like they have never been sharpened, they don't show a pic of the blades,(i wonder why)but look at the back springs. just like mine, and my blades are disgustingly rusty like they did have cell handles.
i took emery cloth to em, and the pitting is there now.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/American-Knife- ... 3a6e888194[/quote
I wonder if Borker Private Labled that Brand for the Hardware Group that eventually bought Boker out. ::undecided::
Alabamadan

Post by Alabamadan »

chetr1200c wrote:i have a trapper with bone handles, made in germany with american blade on the tang. i had it sitting for a few months unattended. when i finally went to use it, the blades, both clip and spey were covered in rust. even the back springs..POS now.
HAD TO BE CONDINSATIONsp? The first blades was to be made with 440 c steel a high carbon stainless so that it was easier to Sharpen,just like any Quality Outdoor Equipment is must be taken care of and used you can't forget about them.
gino

Post by gino »

Here is a few pics of the American Blade knife I own
AB-12 Japan
Attachments
DSCN1303.JPG
DSCN1305.JPG
DSCN1304.JPG
-( life is too short to carry a cheap knife )-
Alabamadan

Post by Alabamadan »

gino wrote:Here is a few pics of the American Blade knife I own
I hear ya you got to believe and pray for help,The good Lord is taking care of us,I thank him more than once every Day.
That Knife looks familar has the Artist signed it,it doesen't look like a Stamp.It's been a long time scince I worked there.I think it was in The Deacon's Sample Roll,its a Beauty. Do you have any Idea how much it is worth? :D
gino

Post by gino »

Alabamadan wrote:
gino wrote:Here is a few pics of the American Blade knife I own
I hear ya you got to believe and pray for help,The good Lord is taking care of us,I thank him more than once every Day.
That Knife looks familar has the Artist signed it,it doesen't look like a Stamp.It's been a long time scince I worked there.I think it was in The Deacon's Sample Roll,its a Beauty. Do you have any Idea how much it is worth? :D
Dan, I cant see any artist markings and I also have no idea of its worth. I think I bought it at a flea market for 50 cents last year. Its a pretty decent cool little knife though. Brass liners and its SS.
-( life is too short to carry a cheap knife )-
Alabamadan

Post by Alabamadan »

I wish I could remember if it was a stamp,the finish on the blades is a tumble finish.All were ss,but if I remember this Knife was not i the orignal knifew display.It was a pre-poduction Sample.I am not sure,but I think all in the display had satain finish.
ironmage

Post by ironmage »

chetr1200c wrote:i have a trapper with bone handles, made in germany with American blade on the tang. i had it sitting for a few months unattended. when i finally went to use it, the blades, both clip and spey were covered in rust. even the back springs..POS now.
There was a American cutlery out of Germany cir 1960 to 1980.
"Sometimes the best part of a knife was the hunt",PK
" Fēng xiàng zhuàn biàn shí, yǒu rén zhú qiáng, yǒu rén zào fēng chē!"
"When the wind of change blows some build walls while others build windmills!"
ironmage

Post by ironmage »

knife7knut wrote:VERY STRANGE! I have one that is for all intents and purposes identical save that it is stamped,"AB-15".Looks to be the same size and have similar scales.
I have the same knife you have, and model 5 is 1 inch or so bigger.IE AB-15 4 in. closed as apposed to AB-16 which is 3 in. closed.
"Sometimes the best part of a knife was the hunt",PK
" Fēng xiàng zhuàn biàn shí, yǒu rén zhú qiáng, yǒu rén zào fēng chē!"
"When the wind of change blows some build walls while others build windmills!"
CoyoteX

Post by CoyoteX »

I bought this knife as a early teen. I raked a 1 acre yard for the money. Ive had it for years and have not seen anymore like it till now. Its a tri blade pocket knife from american blade. Stamped ab-22. Its been a great little knife, but ive always had trouble keeping it sharp. Must be the type of stanless steel its made of. Im 43 now and i still carry it. Brings back alot of memories just looking at it. I believe it used to have some sort of stamp on the main blade that did read "made in japan", but it has long since worn off with use. It is still stamped chattanooga tenn. On the main blade. Anybody else have one like it?
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
jsholbrook

Post by jsholbrook »

I got 1! This is a really nice put together knife all blade center up. No blade wrap, walk and talk. Still great. Feels nice. Really nice and smooth
Attachments
1000013063.jpg
1000013064.jpg
1000013065.jpg
1000013066.jpg
1000013067.jpg
cxtais

Post by cxtais »

I have a few unused American Blade knives.
Attachments
402915236_10225667440221266_6773182506156744691_n.jpg
400771135_10225667456061662_3417583601553104573_n.jpg

Return to “General Knife Discussion”