Cold Steel Recon 1 ?

A place to discuss modern tactical knives like Benchmade, Spyderco, Kershaw, Cold Steel, CRKT, and more.
knife7knut

Cold Steel Recon 1 ?

Post by knife7knut »

Picked this up at the local flea market this weekend. Marked Cold Steel AUS 8A Taiwan and Recon 1 opposite.Blade finish shows some scratching but blade edge and serrations are intact. Checking a Cold Steel website I noticed that the handle shape is different from the ones on the site. Could this be an earlier iteration or is it a fake? Not a problem as I only paid $4 for it.
Attachments
ColdSteelRecon1 4 001.jpg
ColdSteelRecon1 4 002.jpg
ColdSteelRecon1 4 003.jpg
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
MITCH RAPP

Re: Cold Steel Recon 1 ?

Post by MITCH RAPP »

8) That looks to be a first Generation Cold Steel Recon 1. I have one with that handle I bought many years ago, when the model first came out. ::tu::
Attachments
CS Recon 1 a.jpg
MITCH

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
"So far,So good...So What!" - Johnnie Samples
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

Thanks for the info Mitch! Kind of a big clunky knife but I couldn't pass it up for the price. Also bought a Schrade MC-1 with a broken spring and the back spring on the shroud cutter broken as well. Must have been a flaw in the steel as the blade hadn't been sharpened and there was still traces of cosmolene all over the knife. Paid $10 for that one.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Mitch is correct.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Cut me

Post by Cut me »

knife7knut wrote:Picked this up at the local flea market this weekend. Marked Cold Steel AUS 8A Taiwan and Recon 1 opposite.Blade finish shows some scratching but blade edge and serrations are intact. Checking a Cold Steel website I noticed that the handle shape is different from the ones on the site. Could this be an earlier iteration or is it a fake? Not a problem as I only paid $4 for it.
I have that knife.
I bought it NEW.
Over built like my other CS's knives.
I like lighter weight knives.
I am never going to need a knife built forever, at my age of 76 .

Return to “Modern Tactical Knives”