What do you EDC?

A place to discuss modern tactical knives like Benchmade, Spyderco, Kershaw, Cold Steel, CRKT, and more.
cutter17

Post by cutter17 »

I edc a variety of things! I always carry two knives. One is in my left pocket and is usually a small slipjoint. This includes a Case Barlow or Case Gunstock. I also carry a Protech Runt2 w/o clip and is what's in my pocket right know. I also carry change, lighter, or anything else I need to in that left front pocket. My right front pocket carries ONLY my large tactical folder for the day. This switches between; a Strider AR modified with a deep carry clip so that only the clip shows when in my pocket, currently my edc. I also carry a BM Rukus, Blade-Tech Rijbak, Kershaw ZT0200, or a large Classic Sebenza w/snakewood inserts. As I said, my current carry is my Protech Runt 2 in my left front pocket, and my Strider AR in my right front pocket...........between the two I think I have things covered! :mrgreen: ::tu::
stancaiman

Re: What do you EDC?

Post by stancaiman »

after some holidays in your country (actually very interesting for European guys with the rates) i have a new one EDC : a little mnandi from Chris Reeves production. I'm very happy ::ds::

TKC

Post by TKC »

I am EDCing my RJ Martin Q-36.
Attachments
RJ Martin Q-36.jpg
RJ Martin Q-36.jpg (10.24 KiB) Viewed 4591 times
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Absintheur

Post by Absintheur »

On a normal day when I leave the house I have a S&W 325PD worn strong side in a Hume J.I.T., a Colt Detective Special (old model) worn weak side in a Hume J.I.T. set up for either crossdraw with strong hand or twist draw with weak hand, and in a Kramer Confidential T-Shirt normally a Kel-Tec PF-9. If not the PF-9 I will slip a 2" S&W Model 12 into my right front pocket.

I also carry 2 reloads for each, a pocket clip knife...most often an AG Russell Folding Spear Point, and a slip joint (CV Case Peanut or Case Shadowbone Baby Butterbean) in the watch pocket or a larger slip joint like a soddie in my back pocket.
TKC

Post by TKC »

I am carrying these two:
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
stancaiman

Post by stancaiman »

my newone
jonet143
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jonet143 »

very nice stan!
johnnie f 1949

on the cutting edge is sometimes not the place to be.
please support our troops - past and present
if not a member...join the NKCA! they're on our side.
Dave O

Post by Dave O »

My William Henry and a Springfield .40 S&W. (Mostly thre Springfield stays in the door pocket of the Truck. Two 12 round clips also.
Archer

Post by Archer »

A Queen classic redbone whittler stays in the right pocket. A .357 glock 33 and that dreaded cell phone.
bluerush55

Post by bluerush55 »

On my right hip I carry IXL Stockman, left pocket three blade serpintine Winchester.
On my key chains I have a ket knife, in right pocket!
I'd really love one of those men purses. I wonder if I'd get shot here in Texas..
Don G
borntolose3

Post by borntolose3 »

I'm really liking this site! I see some really good people enjoying each other and having some major fun, all with my fondness for cutlery. For EDC, I always, always have a Spyderco Native (in CPM440V, now S60V) clipped in my left front jeans pocket. In the right pocket, I like to switch up, usually a Kershaw Speed Bump, Gerber Trax, Kershaw Avalanche (love that 440V!) or Camillus Heat, but I do switch up a lot. Stay sharp, people, and G-d bless!
cutter17

Post by cutter17 »

Whoops, been over a year since my last post! I had forgotten the forum name until I just ran across it on my phone. My last post in this thread saw me carrying a Strider AR, and a Case barlow. Still have both, but my carry has changed a little. Still subscribe to the big knife/little knife carry, and today it is a ZT0200 and a Super Tinker SAK. I have also begun to carry flashlights on a consistent basis, and this includes a Streamlight Microstream (20 lum.), and an iTP C9 (190 lum.). Microstream rides in shirt pocket and the iTP in my right rear pocket. I will be posting again before this time next year!
Oman

Post by Oman »

Lately I've been carrying one or the other of these along with my Kershaw double switch.
Attachments
DSC04005.JPG
leotheknife

Re:

Post by leotheknife »

Bryan wrote:I have a pretty good sized belly pack built right in. ::disgust::

It's a beer belly pack. Capable of holding close to a dozen beers or so. ::nod::

Bryan
Well I have a pretty good size belly. ::ds::
“The two women exchanged the kind of glance women use when no knife is handy.”
http://SonoranDesertKnives.com
TKC

Post by TKC »

I added this to my EDC, a Strider PT, with Ranger green scales, and a stone washed blade.
RobesonsRme.com

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Wow. What an interesting thread this is!

I see a lot of discussion about flashlights. I assume you are all talking about tactical flashlights. I've never really considered the practicality of carrying one of those. Is its purpose to temporarily blind an aggressor, or to aid in night-time target acquisition or both?

I'd have to learn a new shooting technique if I added a tactical light to my two-hand hold.

Back to the topic of the thread. I carry for tactical purposes, but not at all times, a Gerber Applegate-Fairbairn Combat Folder that I have altered a little. I've inserted a strip of black felt, folded double, into the knife so that the blade closes enough that the tip is within the frame, but not so that the blade passes the critical point of closing completely. That allows me to remove the knife from my pocket and "flick" it open with a wrist snap. Kind of like the old "Dixie Switch" technique. I know, why not buy an automatic? They're expensive and illegal. My Gerber is not, at least not where I live.

I wish the knife had a spring pocket clip on it. Does anyone know if one can be added? The knife is assembled with multiple Allen screws.

I also carry a Para-Ordnance WartHog in .45ACP, ten in the magazine, one in the chamber.

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
jonet143
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jonet143 »

.45acp is my cal. of choice as well. i don't edc a "tactical" knife, just springbacks and locking knives. too old and fat for close combat :lol: . since i pack(legally), don't need extra scrutiny of a big knife.
johnnie f 1949

on the cutting edge is sometimes not the place to be.
please support our troops - past and present
if not a member...join the NKCA! they're on our side.
Archer

Post by Archer »

I carry this daily, and what ever happens to be my newest slipjoint.
EDC work2.jpg
Mike
cutter17

Post by cutter17 »

My current EDC includes two knives and one flashlight. The two knives currently are;

-ZT0205KW this is the Knifeworks special with a bb blade instead of black DLC. This one is the one I posted about polishing up so it naturally is my current edc! :D It rides in my right front pocket all by itself, and sits tip up. No problem with it coming open because the detent is very strong, from me giving the liner more bend, and because the pivot is tight.

-Case Seahorse whittler is in my left front pocket and it see's a LOT of work because I don't need the ZT for my regular work, I just enjoy carrying it. The Case is very very sharp and has Harvest Orange bone handles.

-Streamlight Mirostream is in my shirt pocket, and rides there evryday all day. It only puts out around 20 lumens, but it puts them out in a spotlight pattern. I run this on the Ultra Lithium AAA's from Energizers.
leotheknife

Post by leotheknife »

Right now my EDC clipped to my right front pocket is a CRKT Ichi designed by Koji Hara.
crkt_columbia_river_knife_tool_ichi_reviews_1182551_175.jpg
crkt_columbia_river_knife_tool_ichi_reviews_1182551_175.jpg (2.92 KiB) Viewed 3825 times
Off and on I will carry a Bulldog Brand Ground Hog inside the pocket depending if I have to get dressed up and a clip on knife would look tacky.
33915367_scaled_300x225.jpg
33915367_scaled_300x225.jpg (7.65 KiB) Viewed 3825 times
And occessionaly if I have a large amount of money that I have to go to the bank with etc.. I carry a Ruger Blackhawk Single Six Bisley .44 Mag on my hip
Ruger_Bisley.jpg
Ruger_Bisley.jpg (34.83 KiB) Viewed 3825 times
“The two women exchanged the kind of glance women use when no knife is handy.”
http://SonoranDesertKnives.com
baliblaster

Post by baliblaster »

For my EDC i carry a Kahr PM9,a Gen 1 Hinderer XM18, and my Case 6380 big whittler.I haven't felt a need to add to or take away from this combo for the last two years.
Halfbreed_83

Post by Halfbreed_83 »

First post ::tu::

Here's my EDC: Benchmade mini nitrous stryker and Sig Sauer P238. I really like the ergonomics of the knife; this was my first big EDC knife purchase. The P238 is small enough to carry everyday and it doesn't imprint on clothing because its so thin.

philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

::welcome:: to AAPK Halfbreed_83

Nice gear you got there! ::tu::

Just wondering if you use a holster for that SIG?

Phil
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Zinno

Post by Zinno »

Most days I just carry my Spyderco Tenacious. Performance for price is top notch and it's inexpensive enough that I don't have to worry too much about it. I also think it looks rather attractive, but that's neither here nor there.

On my off days, I carry a Spyderco Military, a Kershaw Skyline, or a RAT RC4(when I'm hiking, camping, etc)
http://www.kniferating.com <--Database I made for knife reviews.
fergusontd

Post by fergusontd »

Buck 301! ftd
buck01jpg.jpg
buck01jpg.jpg (10.97 KiB) Viewed 3579 times
"A pocketknife is a man's best friend!"

Return to “Modern Tactical Knives”