WTB or trade for SKS-M Monte Carlo stock

Looking for a particular knife or related item? Post it here.
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

WTB or trade for SKS-M Monte Carlo stock

Post by gsmith7158 »

I have a SKS-M rifle with a thumb hole stock on it which I would like to replace with a Monte Carlo style stock. I would trade the thumb hole or buy out right. Please pm me if you have one or know where I can get one.
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
montemojo

Re: WTB or trade for SKS-M Monte Carlo stock

Post by montemojo »

Greg I cant help with the stock. But you need to get a 20rd dump box with the star. You will love it. Its so much better than the detachable mag.

Monte
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

montemojo wrote:Greg I cant help with the stock. But you need to get a 20rd dump box with the star. You will love it. Its so much better than the detachable mag.

Monte
I've never seen one Monte. I've been using an AK-47 mag. Where can I find one?
------------------

Greg

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
montemojo

Post by montemojo »

You can find them on ebay listed as 10 rd. You will know it by the chineese star on the side. They are expensive now but werent 10 yrs ago. You can load two stripper clips pretty fast. I havent seen a video but I'm sure there is on utube.

Monte
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Oh that's for the regular SKS. Mine is a Norinco M model that was made to accept the AK-47 thirty round mag.
------------------

Greg

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
montemojo

Post by montemojo »

Oh my bad, ok I have'nt seen many of those. I'm more familiar with the regular type. Mine is regular type with screwed in barrel and stamped trigger group. I find the dump box and stripper clips work better than the old after mkt 30 rd clips on regular sks. You were pretty lucky to find one that accepts AK mags. I did pick up an China made AK with an underfolding spike bayonet serial number 0359. I think this is pre polytech and one of the first shipped over here. Here is a picture
20170214_185055.jpg
I'll keep you in mind if I find a montecarlo stock. A reg sks stock will not fit if my memory serves me correct. They are fun to shoot! ::nod::

Monte
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

montemojo wrote:Oh my bad, ok I have'nt seen many of those. I'm more familiar with the regular type. Mine is regular type with screwed in barrel and stamped trigger group. I find the dump box and stripper clips work better than the old after mkt 30 rd clips on regular sks. You were pretty lucky to find one that accepts AK mags. I did pick up an China made AK with an underfolding spike bayonet serial number 0359. I think this is pre polytech and one of the first shipped over here. Here is a picture20170214_185055.jpg
I'll keep you in mind if I find a montecarlo stock. A reg sks stock will not fit if my memory serves me correct. They are fun to shoot! ::nod::

Monte
Monte that AK is a keeper. I found a guy over in Alabama that has three of those with the monte carlo stock for sale. I'm thinking it would probably be easier and quicker to just buy one of his and sell mine. There used to be a few of those stocks floating around but they are really hard to come by these days. And they are a blast to shoot. I like that 7.62 round better than the 5.52 for the AR-15.
------------------

Greg

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.

Return to “Want Ads”