KA-BAR

Looking for a particular knife or related item? Post it here.
268bull

KA-BAR

Post by 268bull »

This is, I hope, a new future project for me ( and that's a BIG HOPE ). Was at the flea market yesterday and found this in a dollar box. The catch is, obviously, I need to find blades for it. The knife is an equal end KA-BAR, Jumbo Jack. I believe the pattern # is 2266J. If there is anyone who may have the main spear blade, and the pen blade for sale, I'd be interested in hearing from you ::nod:: . Thanks for your time, ::tu:: Dale H.
Attachments
001.JPG
Elvis

Re: KA-BAR

Post by Elvis »

That's a pretty rare bird you have there Dale. Blades will be tough to find for it. I've been doing Kabar's folder repairs for a few years now (although someone else has taken them over for a few months for health reasons), and it's one I don't have. I'll double check in my book as to the model length and blade shapes, but don't get your hopes up. I will keep an open eye for the parts though and ask around for you. Best of luck! Those are a great old knife.
268bull

Post by 268bull »

Thanks a lot ::nod:: Bob! Outside of the two most obvious parts needed, the rest of it is in immaculate condition. I don't have a clue as to how, perhaps, the pin was sheared and the blades lost ::shrug:: . But it would be nice gettin' this ol' boy working again. Thanks again for your efforts Bob. ::tu:: Dale
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

How good is the bone on the reverse side? Picture :)
AAPK Janitor
268bull

Post by 268bull »

Dimitri, Hi! This is the other side you asked about. Excellent condition. Just missin' a couple of blades! ::tu:: Dale
Attachments
001.JPG
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

Wow! Dale, that stag is awesome ::tu:: ::drool:: ::drool::

I will keep an eye open for blades for you ::nod::
AAPK Janitor
268bull

Post by 268bull »

Thanks Dimitri! I have this feeling that this will the proverbial " needle in a haystack " find. Thanks again. ::tu:: Dale

Return to “Want Ads”